How do I stop Kodi from renaming my folders?
Question 
For some reason Kodi is renaming my folders. Example "Movies" has become "The Movies". This started happening about 3 months ago when I added a NAS drive to my network. Any idea why this would be happening? Wondering if it's an update or something that I did.

Thanks your time
Kodi does not rename folders.
Perhaps you are using a automatic application or add-on that is doing this, but as far as I am aware this is not something that is in Kodi itself.
To be more specific the folders are normal and unchanged when I view them in Windows Explorer, but when I view them in Kodi they are displaying a different name. I understand this can happen if you have too many unnecessary folders and the media scraper gets confused. In this case the scraper thinks that my Movies folder is a 1925 film named "The Movies". I was able to fix it by removing the folders that I had set up to separate my daughters educational programs and updating the movie library.
RIght, you scraped a top level folder because your sources were set up wrong.
I had not thought of that possibility because it seemed from your description your files were being renamed on disk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I stop Kodi from renaming my folders?0