Please Wait Circle after update to Kodi17
No problems at all using Kodi 16.1 on my MiniMXlll.
Updated from Kodi 16.1 to Kodi 17.0.
Experienced video stutter on HD videos and TV streaming.
Turned off hardware decoding which has got rid of the stuttering problem.
Now I keep seeing the 'Please Wait' circle following inputs such as go back up one level, the circle appears after any input choice, I am thinking it is a performance issue while Kodi 17.0 decodes what I have asked it to do.
Any way to improve my system to reduce the occurrence of the 'Please Wait' circle?
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-06, 08:12)Jeffers24 Wrote: Experienced video stutter on HD videos and TV streaming.
Turned off hardware decoding which has got rid of the stuttering problem.
Now I keep seeing the 'Please Wait' circle following inputs such as go back up one level, the circle appears after any input choice, I am thinking it is a

You have turned off hardware decoding and now the device has no hope whatsoever decoding HD videos using CPU Software decoding only, its bogged down the system while trying to do this as well.

This will be a AMLogic device Firmware problem for sure and its implementation of mediacodec Hardware decoding acceleration, which is now needed for Kodi Krypton.

Not even going to try and further diagnose this problem for AMLogic Android Kodi - its a Firmware issue.
For more info read the ***** Kodi Installs....FAQ..... at the top of the forum and then go and install LibreELEC Kodi Krypton and be done with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please Wait Circle after update to Kodi170