Modifications to Estuary
I'm trying to hide the pause screen info. I'm using kodi 18.5 estuary skin on android nvidia shield. There aren't any files in the path they are in on windows, Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\skin.estuary is empty

How can I hide the pause OSD on android?
Estuary is Kodi's system skin, so it is located elsewhere.
Should you want to make modifications to Estuary, it's best to first make a copy of its whole folder and subfolders with a new name, and also adjust its name in the copied folder's addon.xml file. So it wlll be seen as a new and different skin. Also keep backups while editing.

You may need root access/privileges for this:
Copy the files from: /data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/skin.estuary
(2019-12-14, 07:48)Klojum Wrote: You may need root access/privileges for this:
Copy the files from: /data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/skin.estuary
Thanks for that info. Now how do I do the needful without root access on my shield?
(2019-12-14, 19:32)r0ck0 Wrote:
(2019-12-14, 07:48)Klojum Wrote: You may need root access/privileges for this:
Thanks for that info. Now how do I do the needful without root access on my shield?

Use the Kodi built in File Manager to copy the skin files off, to access add special://xbmc and as a source then navigate to addons -> skin.estuary then after modifying files copy to special://userdata/addons
(2019-12-15, 16:59)jjd-uk Wrote: Use the Kodi built in File Manager to copy the skin files off, to access add special://xbmc and as a source then navigate to addons -> skin.estuary then after modifying files copy to special://userdata/addons 

Thanks I'll try that, will it get overwritten when I install a new kodi nightly?
(2019-12-15, 19:47)r0ck0 Wrote: Thanks I'll try that, will it get overwritten when I install a new kodi nightly?

No because it will be seen as an additional skin, -IF- you rename it to something else as a folder name and in the addon.xml file as well. Which is recommended.
That why I said put the modified files in userdata so it's kept, and in that situation where there is skin.estuary in 2 places the version in userdata is preferred. However it's a good idea to rename it as Klojum suggests to easily identify your modified version.
Also a good idea to keep the modified files safe somewhere just in case userdata is lost.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modifications to Estuary1