• 1(current)
v17 Audio glitch/crackling on pause/play
Kodi: 17.0~git20170210.1529-final
Audio setting: passthrough enabled

If I play simple music (no passthrough, I guess) no problem and no issue on pause / jump forward / jump backward.

If I play a film with Dolby Digital (passthrough, I guess) after a pause, when push play, I hear an horrible audio crack. The same on a jump forward and jump backward.
I think the issue appear when audio switch from "normal" to passthrough, on my Yhamaha AV Receiver I see "Pro logic" switch to "Dolby Digital" each time I pause / jump forward.

I had try to change audio setting / keep alive, but nothing change...

All this happens after I have upgrade from kodi 16.1 to 17.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kodi log: http://pastebin.com/nx6mesMW
Happened to me also, I didn't notice it or it didn't occur on RC3.
I haven't look what my AVR sais when unpausing. But I could also provide logs for this.
Kodi 21.0α | Ubuntu 22.04.3 | Kernel 6.4.x | intel i5-12600K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Corsair 2x8192MB (DDR4-3200) | HDPlex H5v2 | HDPlex 400W HiFi DC-ATX | Pioneer VSX-934 | LG 65B7D
Try the following:

Keep audio alive always. But disable "send noise". What does your AVR tell then?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-02-16, 13:40)fritsch Wrote: Try the following:

Keep audio alive always. But disable "send noise". What does your AVR tell then?

I have already tried this settings (without restart kodi), but do the same (Switch from/to "Pro logic" and "Dolby Digital") glitchs
Kodi log: http://pastebin.com/ZSPf6zSj ...I have play/pause the video 3 times for reproduce the issue

Thanks!
It happens on resume right? For a short time, then ac3 continues to work, right?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:It happens on resume right? For a short time, then ac3 continues to work, right?
Yes, on resume: pause -> play -> glitch

...the "big" problem is the glitch...is very horrible. It's look like an "electrical shock" on speaker line.

I have try a movie with DTS and work like a charm...the difference is that, when video is on pause my AVR stay on DTS (and don't come back to Pro Logic). But this issue was also in the kodi 16 (DTS hold).
I guess something in the keep audio alive don't work...

Anyway this is a video (with audio) made by my smartphone (very poor quality) with AVR display as target.
During the video I push the play/pause button (the film language is italian):
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2qv437r%...KX1dSH6yWg
The audio fidelity is not really good...the glitch is quite different by what you can hear from video

p.s. sorry for the video site...I don't have found nothing better without registration Smile
Will try to reproduce tomorrow and will report back.
Can you disable ProLogic? And just set it to "Auto" or normal or whatever?
do you spoke about AVR?
no, I can set only AUTO or DTS
I don't understand why it displays Pro Logic ... yeah, never the less. Our current theory is that it wrongly parses the pause bursts. This was no issue as of Jarvis where we sent just "zeros" ... The zeros though did not have any affect as they caused the AVR to directly turn off.
display pro locic because it's not an encoded audio but a normal 2 channel stereo.

I think to don't understand well...Sry

so is not a Kodi "bug", but is it my AVR that have an issue?
No - it's not. pro logic is some "auto upmix" functionality ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Pro_..._Pro_Logic - normally the AVR should just display "Auto" or "Stereo" or something.
yeah, you have right...my AVR should display "effect off", but I have set pro logic upmix.
So - set it to Off and check if the same issue happens.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio glitch/crackling on pause/play0