• 4(current)
v17 Audio glitch/crackling on pause/play
Information 
Hey guys,
same problem here. Small glitches after unpausing and seeking with Kodi 17, not with 16.1. But it my case it is only for 5-10 seconds, after that time everything is OK again.
For me, it seems more like KODI is trying to sync video and audio and creates this glitches by adjusting the audio position/offset compared to the video.

On the other side, I also have a Yamaha (RX-V359) AVR...and if I am correct, only Yamaha AVRs are affected?
Quote:For me, it seems more like KODI is trying to sync video and audio and creates this glitches by adjusting the audio position/offset compared to the video.

This might very well be the case. Please post your Debug Log. That should be clearly visible.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Does it make a change if you disable HW decoding? And use SW decoding just for a test? E.g. disable VDPAU / VAAPI?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Let me know if you need another debug log or any other info. happy to help tomorrow after a backup and upgrade.
(2017-02-24, 09:21)fritsch Wrote: Does it make a change if you disable HW decoding? And use SW decoding just for a test? E.g. disable VDPAU / VAAPI?

^^
Okay - please something else:

a) Does it make difference if you enable "Keep Audio alive" always?
b) If you have set "Keep Audio alive" to always - when does the blip occur?
1.) After 10 seconds resume is fine?
2.) After 20 seconds resume is fine?
3.) After 60 seconds resume is fine?
4.) After 5 minutes is fine?

c) If you have set "Keep Audio alive" disabled - when does the blip occur?
1.) After 10 seconds resume is fine?
5.) After 5 seconds, also?

Thanks for your replies.
Quote:You ask us: Could you please send a bit less green by default, cause my Display is too much green
Fritsch I love this project, I develop for this project...but I didn't ask what you say.
My "display" works PERFECT with all Kodi before 17, all other players display the right "green" on my display.
THE ONLY ONE THAT DISPLAY A SHIT GREEN IS KODI 17.

...and now, it's seems that I'm not alone to have this issue Smile
(2017-02-24, 10:37)muttley:bd Wrote:
Quote:You ask us: Could you please send a bit less green by default, cause my Display is too much green
Fritsch I love this project, I develop for this project...but I didn't ask what you say.
My "display" works PERFECT with all Kodi before 17, all other players display the right "green" on my display.
THE ONLY ONE THAT DISPLAY A SHIT GREEN IS KODI 17.

...and now, it's seems that I'm not alone to have this issue Smile

Whatever - provide the above requested detailed information or we will simply do exactly nothing - as no one of us has a green yamaha AVR and we cannot reproduce.
(2017-02-24, 10:44)fritsch Wrote: Whatever - provide the above requested detailed information or we will simply do exactly nothing - as no one of us has a green yamaha AVR and we cannot reproduce.

Strange...You had written "If your AVR vendor updates the FW of your AVR, you get a fix. Kodi does nothing wrong"

However, I guess to have already asked in the thread to your question...there is also the video where you can hear the glitch after each resume...

Quote:a) Does it make difference if you enable "Keep Audio alive" always?
No
Quote:b) If you have set "Keep Audio alive" to always - when does the blip occur?
After resume or seeking
Quote:1.) After 10 seconds resume is fine?

You can see my posted video...
After the resume there is a glitch and all come back normal...since next pause/resume

Quote:c) If you have set "Keep Audio alive" disabled - when does the blip occur?
After resume or seeking
Quote:1.) After 10 seconds resume is fine?
5.) After 5 seconds, also?

p.s. I don't want that Kodi fix the issue...but don't say, for sure, that Kodi is perfect and the problem is mine or of Yamaha.
It's seems as Jobs that said: "you're holding the phone the wrong way"
Nope - that's why I ask those questions. I want to find out - though were doing something according to a standard - if there is something we CAN do it a bit different to not show that effect on your AVR.
That sounds massively evil the video :-( ... it did not play before, that's the first time I heard that.

Is this the very same sound ALL of you are getting?

Edit: AND it's the very same on RESUME and on Seek right? The video is seeking? (I only hear the audio of that video, video is black).
(2017-02-24, 11:30)fritsch Wrote: Nope - that's why I ask those questions. I want to find out - though were doing something according to a standard - if there is something we CAN do it a bit different to not show that effect on your AVR.

Good to know...I'm sorry, probably my miss understanding.

Make me know if I can help you in some way.
If we cannot solve the issue, I can buy a new AVR..It's time I think, but I guess you should have sure on which AVR there is this issue...maybe only old Yamaha
Okay - now I need someone that can build from source. Here is code that patches out the pause burts by overwriting the IEC package with complete an plain zeros. This is the very same we had in Jarvis: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24057965/

Who can build from source?
I can try to build later...thanks for the patch
Make sure to get the updated version - missed one character :-) http://paste.ubuntu.com/24057965/ and with more debug logging: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24057983/
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio glitch/crackling on pause/play0