• 59(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
yea it will not let me install the skin because skin helper is on 1.1.3 but the skin is looking for version 1.1.2 Sad
I am reprogramming all the dependencies so I can install in addition to above:

name="Skin Helper Service Widgets" version="1.0.22" is latest version in kodi repo but skin dependency is set to 1.0.29
(2017-11-03, 13:13)ZERO Wrote: yea it will not let me install the skin because skin helper is on 1.1.3 but the skin is looking for version 1.1.2 Sad

Try using Marcel's beta repo from the first post, you can find the colorpicker there, and I believe the latest skin helper as well. Dependencies don't work like that. The skin specifies the minimal version, not the exact version necessary. So anything below 1.1.20 will not work and cause an error, but anything above will work and should download automatically.

The only issue I've sometimes encountered is with the internal dependencies of the dependency add-ons. Nobody places them in the skin dependencies list because they are too numerous, and also because Skin Helper is configured to retrieve them from the Kodi repo automatically. However, there are cases where they error out and will not install. In those instances you have to check the Kodi log and see which add-ons are problematic, then find them online and manually extract them in the Kodi folder.

It's important to have them all sorted out and using their own proper versions to avoid serious issues. If you go to the skin helper folder in Kodi, and open the addon.xml you will find the list of dependencies with their minimal versions. From there you can compare and see what's the hold up.

EDIT:
The skin does not use the Kodi versions of those add-ons. You need Marcel's beta repo, and all the add-ons need to be updated to their beta versions. The latest beta version of the widgets is 1.0.36. I have no idea what issues might arise from using non-beta versions. In fact, that might be the source of all the issues you've been having?
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
I think the problem is that because it was 1.1.20 it thinks that 1.1.3 is lower because 3 is < 20.

Also I was able to reinstall from scratch and still had the problem that you can not see any fanart for shows in the tvshow level view (unless you have extrafanart for them).

I will reinstall again and try to use the beta repo for skin helper this time. But note that the above dependency version issue will likely still exist because he did not call it 1.1.30 but instead 1.1.3
Oh, I see now in the beta repo the latest is 1.1.23 so 1.1.3 must have really been .3 wow. Ok hopefully this will help a lot, I think before I was installing from the kodi repo and not the beta repo for the skin helper stuff.
(2017-11-03, 13:37)ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; Wrote: Oh, I see now in the beta repo the latest is 1.1.23 so 1.1.3 must have really been .3 wow. Ok hopefully this will help a lot, I think before I was installing from the kodi repo and not the beta repo for the skin helper stuff.

My guess is that this was the reason why Skin Helper wouldn't register you local artwork. We'll see after you test it all out, but it's possible that the Skin Helper mechanism will activate automatically and solve everything.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Ok FINALLY!!!!

After reinstalling i was loading the skin with no errors (except skin helper bitching that I deleted the cherrypy script (because it causes crashes in windows). I checked and saw that everything was loading correctly for normal fan art using a fresh install of the skin as well.

Then I renamed the skin folder and pasted in the exact one I was using earlier that had the errors. It now works correctly.

When you are ready please link a full zip installer to test. This way I can unstall/reinstall again to make sure we are not seeing any errors before it goes public.

Also you might be wondering why I had both of these lines instead of just 1:
<value condition="!Skin.HasSetting(global.fanart) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!Skin.HasSetting(global.fanart) + !String.IsEmpty(Fanart.Image)">$INFO[Fanart.Image]</value>

The first is the one I know you like to use so it is likely the second line you are wondering why that is there. If the line above it does not load it will load and appear in conditions like when you are hovering over the back button in ep level views. Without using Fanart.Image it would display black at that time instead of still showing a fan art image as it should if you do not want to see this in over view modes than please just restrict it to control 513 as it is needed for that view to display as intended.
(2017-11-03, 14:02)ZERO Wrote: Ok FINALLY!!!!

After reinstalling i was loading the skin with no errors (except skin helper bitching that I deleted the cherrypy script (because it causes crashes in windows). I checked and saw that everything was loading correctly for normal fan art using a fresh install of the skin as well.

Then I renamed the skin folder and pasted in the exact one I was using earlier that had the errors. It now works correctly.

When you are ready please link a full zip installer to test. This way I can unstall/reinstall again to make sure we are not seeing any errors before it goes public.

Ok, here's the proposed final version. I've pushed it to my git for easier reference. I made only minor alterations apart from the ones you've already seen, like changing the version number and changelog, modifying the language code labels to make it easier on translators, altering the names slightly, providing new compressed screenshots for the viewtypes (just for consistency). Keep in mind that some of these alterations mean that you need to back up your version, as they most likely can't be combined due to the label changes and stuff. If this works properly, then I'll send the language files over to the translators and I'll push it as soon as they've given me their translations. But the skin can still be downloaded via the OP zip link.

The biggest change is that I made a small option for the poster view, which just occurred to me this morning and I thought it would be a neat feature. Basically, if you have the script.toolbox add-on, you can use it to retrieve the colour from the currently focused poster and replace the plot background with it - so you don't always have the dark black or bright white. It is there as an option because you can't control the colour, the script only extracts it from the poster, so sometimes the text might be difficult to read.  Also, since the script runs every time you re-focus on an item, it might be resource-heavy. So it's really the user that has to determine if it's worth it. Still, it really looks great, particularly if the poster has strangely accented colours.

I've also included your fanart code, I quite like it, it's a nice feature! I have no problem keeping it for all viewtypes. I'd also like to know if the Skin Helper mechanic now works for you? If you re-installed everything and it works, then you should be experiencing Skin Helper's image rotation backend, and not the backend that we've just created. Is this the case, or is Skin Helper still broken for you in that aspect? The way to test it is by temporarily uncommenting the two fadelabel lines we made (4430 and the extrafanart path) and just see what happens. If Skin Helper works, the images should rotate without any change. To be clear, I still want to keep the new backends for maximum compatibility, I'm simply curious.

The ep level view is changing the images very fast, it is likely the load from the folder level view, it looks like this was caused by removal of code form the view mode. I will ensure code is in the correct part to load in Image_background and retest. I will post corrected code soon.

Ok to fix replace 4440 code in MyVideoNav.xml with below:

Code:
        <control type="multiimage" id="4440">
            <top>-2000</top>
            <left>0</left>
            <width>1351</width>
            <height>760</height>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <loop>yes</loop>
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart/]</imagepath>
            <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
            <fadetime>300</fadetime>
            <include condition="String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(RotationLimit))">RotationLimit1</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),1)">RotationLimit1</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),2)">RotationLimit2</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),3)">RotationLimit3</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),4)">RotationLimit4</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),5)">RotationLimit5</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),6)">RotationLimit6</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),7)">RotationLimit7</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),8)">RotationLimit8</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),9)">RotationLimit9</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),10)">RotationLimit10</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),11)">RotationLimit11</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(RotationLimit),12)">RotationLimit12</include>
        </control>
Then in Includes_Image.xml edit line 219 to return $INFO[Control.Getlabel(4440)] as the value.
With the new background color option for the right side pain it does look cool but there is a problem when you are two items to the left of the return button in this view. If you test you will see what I mean.

Pretty cool mod. I wonder if they will make it faster with caching and possibly pull from fan art instead of icon. Would be really cool to configure for each show.
(2017-11-06, 14:02)ZERO Wrote: With the new background color option for the right side pain it does look cool but there is a problem when you are two items to the left of the return button in this view. If you test you will see what I mean.

Pretty cool mod. I wonder if they will make it faster with caching and possibly pull from fan art instead of icon. Would be really cool to configure for each show.

I've just integrated your fixes into the skin and fixed the glitch you've mentioned. You can use the same link provided above to download and test the latest batch.

As I understand it, the script doesn't cache anything but literally extracts and blurs the image colours every time. That's why it takes a second or two, and that's why it's a potential resource issue for weaker systems. The script can do this for any kind of image provided, but it has to be a single image that fills a property, and can be unloaded on some onunfocus condition, which means that I had to use a listitem infobool, because posters are the things being focused on, and only that control actually resets properly. The script was originally meant to be used for statically, namely as an ExtendedInfo background. I just repurposed it, for some added flair. 

While tweaking, I tried tying the add-on to use the Image_Background variable, and it follows the colour of the first fanart displayed in the sequence, but stalls on further rotation. To get it to update, you literally have to unfocus from the tvshow poster to clear the property and then focus back on the same poster for it to update to the new focused fanart image. This could probably be rectified by finding some other way of emptying the property, but that would result in it running once per every fanart rotation, which is even more of a resource pitfall. I found it to be too convoluted, so I left the poster setting as it stands now. I doubt that anything concerning the mechanics will change, as the script hasn't been updated in a long time.

OK, I have tested the latest and from what I can see everything is working correctly!
Hi Alanon. I'm trying to update the skin since yesterday but I've got a problem. My kodi advice me that there is a new version of the skin, but I can't update it because It needs the script.skin.helper.widgets 1.0.36 to be updated
I've the marcelveldt repo installed too and when I visited the git page of the marcelveldt project I saw that the last version was the 1.0.35

What's the problem? Can you help me?

Thanks.
(2017-11-10, 11:46)Alfredo Pérez Wrote: Hi Alanon. I'm trying to update the skin since yesterday but I've got a problem. My kodi advice me that there is a new version of the skin, but I can't update it because It needs the script.skin.helper.widgets 1.0.36 to be updated
I've the marcelveldt repo installed too and when I visited the git page of the marcelveldt project I saw that the last version was the 1.0.35

Thanks.

My mistake. Marcel updated to version 1.0.36 ten days ago, but it seems he has not yet pushed to his repo. I've pushed a skin version with fixed permissions, so it should work now. Let me know if it does!

(2017-11-10, 13:28)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-11-10, 11:46)Alfredo Pérez Wrote: Hi Alanon. I'm trying to update the skin since yesterday but I've got a problem. My kodi advice me that there is a new version of the skin, but I can't update it because It needs the script.skin.helper.widgets 1.0.36 to be updated

Thanks.

My mistake. Marcel updated to version 1.0.36 ten days ago, but it seems he has not yet pushed to his repo. I've pushed a skin version with fixed permissions, so it should work now. Let me know if it does! 

You say: "I've pushed a skin version with fixed permissions..."

Where?

Thanks.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21