v17 Kodi 17 won't work on my Mac (OS Sierra 10.12.3) HELP!!
I installed Kodi on my laptop last year. There was no hitches but I tried to open it tonight and there was a white screen so I uninstalled it and tried to download the new version (Kodi 17). Everytime I try to open it, it says "Kodi quit unexpectedly" and when I click reopen the same thing happens over and over Sad
Need the crashreporter log and debug log (wiki) (use pastebin.com instead of posting the logs directly in the forum)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Please help. I have a similar problem after installing Krypton from Jarvis on Mavericks.

Here's what I get:

http://pastebin.com/0ivHJ0WE
At least one of your databases is corrupt. Need to see the debug log (wiki) in addition to tell which one.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hello

I have the exact same problem. MAC OS Sierra previous KODI worked fine, wanted to update to 17.0 and I keep getting the same error notification.

Here is a link to my log. http://pastebin.com/Hv4PNiDD

Thanks in advance.
(2017-03-02, 08:20)Memphiz Wrote: At least one of your databases is corrupt. Need to see the debug log (wiki) in addition to tell which one.

I have seen the guide on how to get a debug log. But how do I get that when Kodi is not starting at all and is crashing when I try to start it?
(2017-03-03, 19:47)manmserious Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 08:20)Memphiz Wrote: At least one of your databases is corrupt. Need to see the debug log (wiki) in addition to tell which one.

I have seen the guide on how to get a debug log. But how do I get that when Kodi is not starting at all and is crashing when I try to start it?

Section 3 here should help you get the debug log.
Hey,

I have a similar problem with my mac , I have updated from v16 to v17 but when trying to open Kodi I get a bug report http://pastebin.com/rWDdJ3At everything was working fine on v16 but now I can't even open v17, Appreciate any help with this

Cheers
Kodi won't work on my mac either. keeps saying quit unexpectedly and won't do anything. running OS X Yosemite. I have put the report on paste bin.

http://pastebin.com/sb7TXjVw

Help me please......
Try the solution here, looks like the same issue: 308726 (thread)
(2017-03-03, 15:01)jensness Wrote: Hello

I have the exact same problem. MAC OS Sierra previous KODI worked fine, wanted to update to 17.0 and I keep getting the same error notification.

Here is a link to my log. http://pastebin.com/Hv4PNiDD

Thanks in advance.
@matb1980 same for you - one of your databases is corrupt - need the debug log (wiki) to tell which one. Also could you zip up your databasefolder from your userdata (wiki) and provide it to me so i can have a look why so many people have crashes due to database corruption? Else this support burdon won't decrease.

@zellus13 - need the debug log (wiki) the crashreport shows nothing usable for me
I find myself in the exact situation as the OP
I have managed to get the crash reporter log but can't get into kodi to access the debug log -
Im running Sierra 10.12.3
Please help out the newby - can't stand being without kodi
Really any help would be greatly appreciated
Tried posting crash reporter log via pastebin but could not upload file - (Too large for php post_max_size directive.)
(2017-03-05, 13:13)Memphiz Wrote: @matb1980 same for you - one of your databases is corrupt - need the debug log (wiki) to tell which one. Also could you zip up your databasefolder from your userdata (wiki) and provide it to me so i can have a look why so many people have crashes due to database corruption? Else this support burdon won't decrease.

@zellus13 - need the debug log (wiki) the crashreport shows nothing usable for me

Hi there - how do I access the debug log if Kodi won't open at all.

Thanks i advance for any help you can give me
Open the console app in utilities and navigate to ~/Library/Logs - there should be the kodi.log in there
(2017-02-23, 06:51)genearo2014 Wrote: I installed Kodi on my laptop last year. There was no hitches but I tried to open it tonight and there was a white screen so I uninstalled it and tried to download the new version (Kodi 17). Everytime I try to open it, it says "Kodi quit unexpectedly" and when I click reopen the same thing happens over and over Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 won't work on my Mac (OS Sierra 10.12.3) HELP!!0