• 4(current)
KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)
(2017-03-08, 18:16)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-03-08, 18:13)msnow Wrote:
(2017-03-08, 18:10)DaLanik Wrote: Did you run manually check for addon updates in Kodi? Sometimes it won't show automatically unless you run check...

Sent from my N7100

I did - context menu/info/update. I even tried re-downloading the repo zip.

Sent from my iPad (typie typie)
Strange i just updated on my phone so it is there... probably some caching problem...

Sent from my N7100

Ok got it now. Here's what I did in case anyone else has this issue. I uninstalled both the addon and the repo then reinstalled from zip and then installed the addon from the repo. All is good Smile.
Firstly, thanks for all your work, it is much appreciated Nod

(2017-03-03, 16:12)DaLanik Wrote: v0.8
- Check which addons are not in a repo (i.e. installed from zip)
- Scheduler to run selected cleanup(s) on startup every 1, 7, 30 or 90 days
- Improved logic

Do I understand correctly (from the settings) that the automatic scheduler function only cleans

- Cache
- Packages
- Addons
- Database Compact

Does this mean that it is not possible to run the most often required cleaning of Thumbnails and Textures DB automatically?

Or have I misunderstood something?

THANKS again Cool
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
It is possible to clean everything in one go (Clean all+Compact) except "Clean textures DB".... that is the last function added so I din't have the chance to inegrate it into "everything" Smile Next version Smile

Mind you that "schedule" is really not schedule - it just checks on kodi startup, when was the last clean performed and if it is longer than set period, it runs it. I will also see if I can make full scheduler - but I suppose everyone closes Kodi daily, so it shouldn't be a problem....

P.S> Aha, I just noticed, i really is missing in settings.. I'll have a look!
(2017-03-11, 12:15)DaLanik Wrote: P.S> Aha, I just noticed, i really is missing in settings.. I'll have a look!
Thanks!

(2017-03-11, 12:15)DaLanik Wrote: I will also see if I can make full scheduler - but I suppose everyone closes Kodi daily, so it shouldn't be a problem....
This would be great because for example on my portable devices I open and close Kodi daily like any other program/app, but for my dedicated devices (eg: in the living room, connected to big tv) Kodi almost never gets closed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
Another option would be to schedule stuff with callbacks - there are a ton of options for triggers there.
I found the bug - it is in settings file.... the setting is there only hidden Smile I'll upload the fixed addon later today
v1.1
- Bug fix in settings
Thanks Cool
(2017-02-26, 15:10)DaLanik Wrote: v0.4
- Database compacting

This version can compact all databases in database folder... I tested on Android and Windows dozens of times, but please make a backup of your databases just in case.... Smile

What does this option do?
It doesn't delete anything it just compacts the database. All databases just get bigger and bigger overtime, because even if you delete records, they are just erased but database is not getting smaller - it would consume too much time/cpu. So after several months you end up with database that is i.e. 15Mb but there is only 2 Mb actual data in it. This just deletes all empty space. Doesn't have impact on speed or anything, just reclaims disk space....
Does this add-on delete ALL thumbs from the thumbnails folder?
Maybe you should consider not deleting thumbs from actual library items. Much like the Profile Cleaner add-on does.
It doesn't make sence deleting and re-caching thumbnails all the time. Unnecessary i/o on the storage device and great performance hit while re-cacheing.
Also the packages folder. Maybe add an option to keep the .zip files from existing/installed add-ons? Or even also keep 1 older version from them (for rollback).
Otherwise great add-on, thanks.
I didn't think it worth complicating the code - internet nowdays is so fast that it will take no time to download all thumbs again from the net... also with packages, but I will examine the possibility to do it...
OK, I think I managed to make a "Scheduler" so it should run approx. every 1 day/week/month etc.... even if it is left running (without restarting Kodi). Just need to test and I'll post the update.
No biggie but the task completed box covers the results box with a little bit of overlap making you wait a few seconds to see it. It should be smaller. Also could you have an "exit" button instead of shutting down the UI each time a task is completed?
The completed box is skin-dependant, not much I can do about it, only remove it... maybe not a bad idea. I'll check it out.

exit? from where? from the results window? you can close it by pressing back button.... or you mean leave the menu on after single task completed?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)2