v17 How to store my Documentaries separately?
*** Kodi 17 RC on Windows 10 ***

I use this every day, and it works great!

I like the new Skin, and would prefer not to switch to a different one.

It looks like I should be able to have two sets of TV Shows from the menu options - or perhaps a little source code tweek?

I would like to browse my Documentaries in a separate list from my TV shows.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Andy
Videos>files>add-videos ->enter 'path and type' and call it 'TV Documentaries' or whatever.... decide if you want to scrape it into your library or not. Scraping it will largely depend on the listing in the web database and if there is any, otherwise you'll have to refer to custom videos in our wiki or be satisfied with file mode.

Kodi will lump all the TV listings into one node called TV shows, the best way to have two individual TV listings, is to create separate nodes, or use a few smart playlists using the 'path' or 'genre' rules. In your case I would just keep the documentaries in file mode, unless everything is easily scraped.
(2017-02-24, 18:25)PatK Wrote: Videos>files>add-videos ->enter 'path and type' and call it 'TV Documentaries' or whatever.... decide if you want to scrape it into your library or not. Scraping it will largely depend on the listing in the web database and if there is any, otherwise you'll have to refer to custom videos in our wiki or be satisfied with file mode.

Scraping works nicely - thanks to Filebot and many days of my short life!

(2017-02-24, 18:25)PatK Wrote: Kodi will lump all the TV listings into one node called TV shows, the best way to have two individual TV listings, is to create separate nodes, or use a few smart playlists using the 'path' or 'genre' rules. In your case I would just keep the documentaries in file mode, unless everything is easily scraped.

So I have seen mention of NODES in the new Estuary skin. And I can see the Music entries and Music Video entries - perhaps I could use these for Documentaries instead? Is that the idea?

I would like to browse a list of EITHER TV shows or Documentaries, rather than have them all mixed in together, That is my hopes. (-:
Then Nodes it is... Video nodes (wiki) and this will be invaluable. Add-on:Library Node Editor (wiki)
Thanks PatK!

This is definitely the way to go. In the Wiki page, it even says "Want documentaries in a separate node, create it."

Rather than *re-invent the wheel*, has anyone an XML file that I can copy and modify?
And recommendations of whether the ESTUARY skin is suitable for this? I will need to add Menu Items somehow??

I am sure that I am not the first person to have wanted this. (-:
So far I've got the Documentaries and TV Shows listing separately. Fairly straight forward with Library Node Editor.

For anyone else following this thread who knows nothing like me...
"However, Kodi's default skins (previously Confluance, and now Estuary) don't have many home screen customization options. "
is mentioned in the useful Wiki page - http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items

This led me to a modified version of Estuary on http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...umentaries

So can I rephrase my question: Will the stock ESTUARY skin allow a customised menu item for Documentaries?

I'd much rather stick with the Stock Skin as I like it's elegant simplicity. Otherwise, I will be forced to use Estuary MOD or another skin.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to store my Documentaries separately?0