• 57(current)
(fuse)neue
Hello Jurial, 
Im really enjoying this skin. Thank you.
Question. What is the viewtype of the widgets on the home screen? Is it possible to make that same viewtype available for submenu items? When i make a submenu item and open it the only views I can use are Square and list. I have movies in my submenus and would really like the same view as the home screen widget to be available, so it looks seamless to the rest. Square view cuts off movie posters

Edit***Nevermind, I see the particular addon was forcing the Landscape view for movies (Which i kinda like as a movies view actually)

Can we add landscape as a movies view?
Another question, is it possible to add a Movie trailer button to the skin? I have never seen this on any skin, so im guessing no. Just thought it would be a cool feature.

Something like this: Image

Anyways, thanks for your work, its very nice indeed.
Also seems the only view choices for TV shows are landscape and list. No poster view for TV Shows? Landscape is good for episodes, but not ideal for TV show posters
Hello,

thank you for the awesome skin. I only have one minor problem. Everytime i open the additional informations about a movie i only see the ratings (for example rotten tomatoes) for a second. Then they disappear and only IMDB stays. How can i keep the other ratings visible and is there a way to display the other ratings directly without opening the additional informations? Thank you in advance.
(2017-11-08, 00:40)jdig4240 Wrote: Another question, is it possible to add a Movie trailer button to the skin? I have never seen this on any skin, so im guessing no. Just thought it would be a cool feature.
Something like this: Image
Anyways, thanks for your work, its very nice indeed.
Trailer button is available from info dialog (press info or "i" on keyboard).
You can also install the Play Trailer context menu add-on, which will add a play trailer option to your context menu.

(2017-11-09, 04:41)jdig4240 Wrote: Also seems the only view choices for TV shows are landscape and list. No poster view for TV Shows? Landscape is good for episodes, but not ideal for TV show posters
Skin Settings > Artwork > Prefer posters for tvshows.
View choices are not meant to be selectable in this skin. It uses one consistent viewtype for that content throughout.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I am unable to seek to a particular time in Windows 10 by clicking with a mouse at that time stamp while watching a video. Same error occurs in fusex but does not occur in fuse neue shifted. No idea why but can you look into it.
Download latest version from git
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.fus...master.zip
@jurialmunkey

your awesome skin has ruined all others for me but, sadly, i'm unable to use it because the required addons just make it too laggy on my systems even tho i have snappy/current systems... consequently i'm trying to mod estuary so that it looks like your skin, estuary is lightning fast on my system because i don't need skin helper or extended info for setup, which is just a simple movie file eye candy front end....

i asked for help at the estuary skin forum but no luck, so i thought i try you... basically i'm just trying to get the movie poster row and top menu row to animate a bit differently, hopefully it's not a huge code rewrite, here's my post from the estuary forum:

Quote:i'm trying to get estuary to look a lot like fuse(neue) - i absolutely love fuse, but it's very slow on my systems because of some of the required addons (skin helper and extended info) which i'm finding i really don't need - on the other hand estuary (sans the aforementioned addons) is lightning fast on my systems...

here's where i'm at so far, the vid is a little choppy but navigation is actually lightning fast with zero choppiness...

what i'm trying to figure out is how to get the top menu animation to behave like the movie poster row animation, and the movie poster row animation to behave like the top menu animation, but i can't seem to find the code, which i thought would be rather easy.... to be clearer, i want the top menu labels to remain static with only the focus bar moving when i navigate to a new menu item, and i want the movie poster row to move left with the first movie poster always highlighted, hope this makes sense?

so far i think i've only edited 2 files to get to where i'm at, the home.xml and the includes_home.xml files... once done, i would like to also get the first poster in the poster row to automatically highlight when the menu row label is highlighted, which would in turn kick-in the movie's background fanart, and also get the first poster in the poster row to be much larger than the rest of the posters...

is what i'm looking to do fairly easy? or am i looking at a ton of editing? any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://vimeo.com/242719811

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324006
@aeneas1 - in the addon.xml of fuse you can remove the dependency for skin helper and you should be able to run the skin without it. I'm not convinced it is either of those addons that are the problem. It is more likely the way you are setting up the home screen.

Anyway regarding code, it is a bit difficult to tell you what to edit if I can't actually see the code in question. But it's not difficult at all to change the navigation style of a list. Basically you just need to change the control type="list" to type="fixedlist" (and the other way around for the menu).
Just upgraded KODI, and found this skin. I'm in awe!!!
The synched lyrics are amazing.

Just one question.
Is it normal that the embedded lyrics (mp3), which are enabled in the CU LRC add on, won't show in the (fuse)neue skin?
It appears that only lyrics found in .lrc (synched) or in textfiles like .txt (not synched) are shown in the skin.

I really would like to see the embedded lyrics on screen as well.

Cheers!
(2017-11-17, 22:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: @aeneas1 - in the addon.xml of fuse you can remove the dependency for skin helper and you should be able to run the skin without it. I'm not convinced it is either of those addons that are the problem. It is more likely the way you are setting up the home screen.

Anyway regarding code, it is a bit difficult to tell you what to edit if I can't actually see the code in question. But it's not difficult at all to change the navigation style of a list. Basically you just need to change the control type="list" to type="fixedlist" (and the other way around for the menu).
 @jurialmunkey

thanks for the very helpful reply jm, it gave me confidence to reinstall everything and, guess what, none of the slowdown i was experiencing before is there, everything is lightning fast and snappy, so i can now enjoy your awesome skin which, btw, looks absolutely fantastic on a large movie screen!
(2017-11-18, 11:59)eagle72 Wrote: Just upgraded KODI, and found this skin. I'm in awe!!!
The synched lyrics are amazing.

Just one question.
Is it normal that the embedded lyrics (mp3), which are enabled in the CU LRC add on, won't show in the (fuse)neue skin?
It appears that only lyrics found in .lrc (synched) or in textfiles like .txt (not synched) are shown in the skin.

I really would like to see the embedded lyrics on screen as well.

Cheers!

Recognition must go to manfeed who created VideoLyrics: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308626

I don't have any files with embedded lyrics. Do they usually work in Estuary?
I need to know whether they work in the default skin or not to be able to tell if its an addon issue or a skin issue.

(2017-11-20, 12:23)aeneas1 Wrote:  @jurialmunkey

thanks for the very helpful reply jm, it gave me confidence to reinstall everything and, guess what, none of the slowdown i was experiencing before is there, everything is lightning fast and snappy, so i can now enjoy your awesome skin which, btw, looks absolutely fantastic on a large movie screen!
No worries! I'm glad it's working well for you now Big Grin

Sometimes a fresh install just works magic! My guess is that one widget may have been set to something that was really slow to load and it was dragging the rest down. I thought it was odd as I find this skin to be fairly snappy. It's not my fastest skin because it uses some gradient textures (plus you can switch to flat with themes), but it's still much faster than Horizon.
is it possible to get the the widget poster row to automatically return to its original position when i navigate away from it, i.e. move to another main menu tab, and then return?

for example, when i start kodi all of the widget poster rows are aligned based on how i've set up ascending, descending, etc., with the first small poster to the far left, just right of the big poster... if i scroll through a poster row but don't return to the first poster before i leave the widget, the row will be as i left it if i navigate to a another menu item and return, which i'm not crazy about, i would like the row to display from the beginning once again, hope this makes sense.

thanks very much!
Hi,

I've requested some help in a subforum (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324540) but that might not be the correct place i guess.

As you can read in the other topic I'm having some difficulties showing the correct fanart on the start screen.
I believe it would be interesting to enable the Options button to change the visualization of the widget in the main menu. Also leave all preview options enabled for any addon when open. (letting the user choose the addon's liking or friendliness). I have tested some addons on the main menu and they are in landscape view only. When they are opened, the list and poster options appear only. In my case I would like to choose according to the compatibility of the addons.

Many thanks for the beautiful skin.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(fuse)neue13