v17 kodi 17 dts does not work, ok with kodi 16
Hello,
I can not get the DTS output that is displayed on my amp onkio with kodi 17. I handed the same thing as my kodi 16 which was showing me DTS.
It's just written "multichannel" but never DTS then I have enabled passthrough
Thank you

Ps: the systeme is Qnap Ts-253A
Have you enabled DTS passthrough? you will need to make sure the setting level is at Advanced to see the individual codec settings for passthrough.
Yes, I tried everything but always the same I have that display "multichannel" and never DTS. There is not a plugin to install?
Could you post a screenshot of your audio settings?
Here are the screenshots of the problem. I have tested with DTS files, I have sound on all HP but never the DTS display while with kodi 16 this was displayed and I have absolutely nothing modified on my amp.

herbergeur d image
Number of channels should be 2.0 if you're using passthrough.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
It did not work either, I had seen this on a forum but it shows me mode "PLZ II"
(2017-03-12, 20:24)Dangelus Wrote: Number of channels should be 2.0 if you're using passthrough.

No it doesn't.
(2017-03-12, 20:17)kris1208 Wrote: Here are the screenshots of the problem. I have tested with DTS files, I have sound on all HP but never the DTS display while with kodi 16 this was displayed and I have absolutely nothing modified on my amp.

From you screenshots the audio settings appear correct. Are any passthrough formats working? as a change from v16 to v17 is that passthrough won't work if "Sync playback to display" is enabled, so check if this under Player -> Videos.

If "Sync playback to display" is disabled then we need to know where you got the version of Kodi v17 you are running from? I ask as you say you're running Kodi on a Qnap, however we don't provide binaries for Qnap, so have you compiled yourself? or is this a build provided by Qnap?

We will also need a debug log_file (wiki) of you playing something with DTS to try and establish what is going on.
(2017-03-12, 21:36)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 20:24)Dangelus Wrote: Number of channels should be 2.0 if you're using passthrough.

No it doesn't.

Really? Always thought that was the case for DTS / AC3 passthrough. I stand corrected Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
That's just to enable AC3 transcoding.
(2017-03-12, 21:55)Dangelus Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 21:36)jjd-uk Wrote:

No it doesn't.

Really? Always thought that was the case for DTS / AC3 passthrough. I stand corrected Smile
Only through spdif.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
How to recover the log file debug to show it to you?
Use either of these instructions:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/File_manager_access
Thanks, I'll try this week and post this to solve the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17 dts does not work, ok with kodi 160