Introduction and desperate appeal for assistance
Hi everyone.. My name is Nadine and I am from South Africa. Man alive.. I just LOVE Kodi!!

This weekend, I tried to update the new version of Kodi on my Android tv box (called Mediabox). After getting an error message, I went to download instructions where they advised I delete the previous version of Kodi. I did this and re-installed the new version (or tried to). When I go through the Google app store, it tells me that its not compatible to my system. When I download the Adroid arm and try to install, I get a parsing error. Is there anyone that can help me get around this error. Or help with the previous android java version.

Thank you..

Nadine
What version of Android does your box have?
Hi DaLanik

My Android box is currently running at 4.4.2
(2017-03-13, 10:27)nadibee Wrote: Hi DaLanik

From the FAQ at the top of the page :-

Q. I cannot install Kodi Krypton on my Android device ?
You need Android Lollipop 5.0 as a minimum OS for Kodi Krypton.
Find out which version of Android you are running by looking in Kodi > System > Sysinfo > Summary > Operating System
(2017-03-13, 10:33)DYKWIA Wrote:
(2017-03-13, 10:27)nadibee Wrote: Hi DaLanik

From the FAQ at the top of the page :-

Q. I cannot install Kodi Krypton on my Android device ?
You need Android Lollipop 5.0 as a minimum OS for Kodi Krypton.
Find out which version of Android you are running by looking in Kodi > System > Sysinfo > Summary > Operating System

Thank you.. I have uninstalled Kodi Jarvis to install Kodi Krypton. I think I might have found the older Jarvis version. I will reinstall this until my android box has a system upgrade available. Does this sound right? I am not a very technical person.
Yes.

You can get the older apk's from the older releases link near the bottom of the downloads page linked at the very top of every kodi forum page.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes,thats the way to go on the current fw
(2017-03-13, 10:39)DarrenHill Wrote: Yes.

You can get the older apk's from the older releases link near the bottom of the downloads page linked at the very top of every kodi forum page.

Thank you so much for all the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Introduction and desperate appeal for assistance0