PC shutdown
(2017-03-15, 16:13)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-03-15, 16:11)User-3023 Wrote:
(2017-03-15, 15:58)helta Wrote: You know, all that posting and rambling and yet I haven't seen you post a debug log showing your banned addons. Funny how you yanked out the addons section of your other NON debug log as well.

You're an imbecile.

So why don't you provide the link to a "non edited" log?

Let me guess: I'm an imbecile too!

Yes, potentially you are an imbecile however that may require some additional verification.

If needed I'll revisit the log files and Windows event viewer. I have my own methods of troubleshooting that have proved to be successful for more than 35 years since I first started troubleshooting PCs and mainframes.
(2017-03-15, 16:39)User-3023 Wrote:
(2017-03-15, 16:11)User-3023 Wrote: You're an imbecile.

Yes, potentially you are an imbecile however that may require some additional verification.

If needed I'll revisit the log files and Windows event viewer. I have my own methods of troubleshooting that have proved to be successful for more than 35 years since I first started troubleshooting PCs and mainframes.

My guess is the problem is a poorly coded piracy addon that is crashing the system.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2017-03-15, 16:49)speedwell68 Wrote: My guess is the problem is a poorly coded piracy addon that is crashing the system.

Correct sir, although I have a feeling we won't get confirmation because of Stubborn McStubborness.
(2017-03-15, 16:49)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2017-03-15, 16:13)Gracus Wrote: So why don't you provide the link to a "non edited" log?

My guess is the problem is a poorly coded piracy addon that is crashing the system.

As I state in a previous post I have re-installed Kodi using a new profile. However I did install a few of the previous addons such as Democracy Now and CBSnews, Break Videos and a couple others.

What I'll do is re-install Kodi Krypton with another fresh profile and only add one or two add-ons such as CBSnews and Break Videos. I'm uncertain which addons have or have not been approved by Kodi development.

The other problem I'm having as stated in a previous post is nightly Kodi's during installation produces an error message stopping the installation.

The error message notes that platform update windows (KB971644) needs to be installed.

However AFAIK, KB971644 can only be installed through Windows Update by initiating a manual check which hangs checking for updates, hasn't yet produced a KB971644 for download and installation.

I'll need to review details revolving around Platform Update for Windows. However I don't believe there is any other method to install KB971644 which may take days for Windows Update to produce or possible never appear in Windows Update.
(2017-03-15, 16:11)User-3023 Wrote: You're an imbecile.

If your own methods are so successful, what are you doing here seeking for help?

As we probably never have the untouched log, this thread could go to the bin IMO
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-03-15, 18:15)Gracus Wrote: If your own methods are so successful, what are you doing here seeking for help?

As we probably never have the untouched log, this thread could go to the bin IMO

I thought some knowledgeable people more familiar with Kodi than myself could provide some actual feedback. I suppose I may have been incorrect about this assumption.

Here is a log file, that occurred after a crash with several add-ons installed from the default kodi repository. I have no idea which add-ons are considered to be pirated or how pirated add-ons relate directly to solving.shutdown problems If you know something then state what you know. If you have or know of some information about pirated software causing shutdown problems then related the informaton you have, rather than coming up with ill-conceived assumptions about an installation and related softwares.

Log file from Kodi 17.1

http://pastebin.com/FfEm7AAJ
Not a debug log as requested.
(2017-03-15, 19:19)User-3023 Wrote:
(2017-03-15, 18:15)Gracus Wrote: If your own methods are so successful, what are you doing here seeking for help?

I thought some knowledgeable people more familiar with Kodi than myself could provide some actual feedback. I suppose I may have been incorrect about this assumption.

Here is a log file, that occurred after a crash with several add-ons installed from the default kodi repository. I have no idea which add-ons are considered to be pirated or how pirated add-ons relate directly to solving.shutdown problems If you know something then state what you know. If you have or know of some information about pirated software causing shutdown problems then related the informaton you have, rather than coming up with ill-conceived assumptions about an installation and related softwares.

Log file from Kodi 17.1

http://pastebin.com/FfEm7AAJ

1- not a real log (log level 0)

2- one more time the log is edited

2- run on a barely supported OS

3- GPU driver does not have proper DX11 support as requested for kodi 17
Moanbag is in da place!
The previous kodi log file was not edited.

Here is a kodi log file with debug turned on. Kodi after executed will only stay running less than 30 seconds and then crashes and reboots the pc.

Kodi log file debug turned on: > http://pastebin.com/UU0LmaQt

At this point I'm not really wanting to experiment with logging. As previously stated, when I have the time move the Vista Drive to a backup PC with the same hardware. If the same problems persists from the new pc will help to narrow the problem down to the Vista installation in relation to the Kodi installation.

What I'll probably do next is keep backing up to previous versions of Kodi until the problem is eliminated or until something is found with the Vista Installation that is causing Kodi to crash the pc or Visa Versa.

Krytpon had been running for months without any problems. I suspect newer revisions tailored toward Windows 7 + and will probably eliminate Vista from supported windows os all together.

Requirements Windows:

Note: Due to changes in code it may be possible that older hardware/videocards are no longer supported. If starting of Kodi fails then try upgrading to last available drivers (or beta drivers).

OS minimum to run Kodi: Windows Vista.
OS recommended: Windows 7 or higher, which is required for hardware video decoding

Windows Home Server and Windows Server are not supported but have been reported to work with some tweaks.

x86-based computer

GPU that supports at least level DirectX version 9.0c and has drivers that have correctly implemented DX11 API support. This does NOT mean you need DX11!
And please remember the forum rules (wiki)

2.1 General conduct
Be civil.
Polite language is required.

Please take the time to read them (as you should have done when you accepted them at sign up) and then you'll know what are the banned addons (wiki) around here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you.

You may want to note: My current Krypton installations that are crashing my PC with a Vista x64 install, have no banned add-ons. All the add-ons were installed from the default repository included with the Krypton installation.After looking over the banned list I don't believe I had any banned add-ons with my previous Krypton 17.0 installations.

The problem(s) being experience now and in the past appear to be solely with conflicts between the Vista and Krypton installations.

The Jarvis installation seems to be working as expected. I'll work keep working with Jarvis installing a few of it's add-on from it's default repositories.

After Jarvis is working I don't think I'm going to bother to move to an earlier version of Krypton such as a 17.0, which has also had have issues with my Vista installation, only over a longer periods of time.
Well it seems all the XBMC installs from XBMC Gotham 13.2 to the latest version of Krypton have all failed under my Windows Vista x64 installation.

All previous installations of Jarvis and then Krypton were running just fine. After attempting installations of Gotham 13.2 and another installation of Jarvis 16.1 both installation produce a PC crash approx. within 30 seconds of starting, then shutting down the OS and rebooting, same as the previous more recent Krypton installations.

Perhaps this behavior is due from an MS Windows update? I'm not aware of any 3rd party process or service recently installed that would produce this type of behavior.

I'll need to perform some more troubleshooting in order to track down the culprit causing this behavior.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PC shutdown1