Screensaver always resetted to "none"
I use the screensaver turning on and off as as trigger/event for the callbacks script. After 5 minutes the screensaver turns on and that triggers the callbacks script to send a certain command to my home-automation telling it to turn off the power of my TV set. Pressing any button on my remote deactivates the screensaver which then triggers the callbacks script to send a certain command to my home-automation telling it to turn on the power for my tv-set. That is an easy why to have the TV set turning on and off whenever I need it (for CEC via HDMI did not work reliably for me).

I installed the aformentioned setup one and a half year ago when I bought my first shield TV box. And I have kept updating to almost every new Kodi version that was available. But they all showed one annoying problem: Every now and then Kodi loses the setting for the automatic screensaver activation and sets it to "none". It happens mostly when Kodi was not shut down correctly (when I leave home I have my home-automation turn off the power for all media players which causes Kodi not to power down correctly). All other Kodi settings are kept but only the screensaver. I tried multiple times to set it to activate after 5 minutes and selected "dark" as the screensaver. I then closed Kodi correctly and restartetd it, which - in most cases - has Kodi keeping the setting. However, next time Kodi is not powered down correctly it will reboot with the screensaver deactivted again (but all other settings I might have changed are still in place).

Is there any way I can force the screensaver setting to remain in place regardless of Kodi being shut down correctly or not?

Thanx in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screensaver always resetted to "none"0