DTS-MA and TrueHD setting in Kodi
Question 
Hi,

do i have to disable passthrough in system/audio settings to get DTS-MA and TrueHD decoded by Pi into PCM or are those two formats decoded anyway and other (DD, DTS) are sent through passthrough if I leave passthrough enabled?

tnx

tomi
If your receiver accepted those formats,
You can enable it.
If I'm not mistaking

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
If DTS passthrough is enabled, then the core (5.1) track of DTS-MA will be passed through.
If DTS passthrough is disabled then kodi will decode the DTS-MA audio (7.1) and can pass it through as 8 channel PCM.

TrueHD will always be decoded to 8 channel PCM. (It doesn't have a corresponding core track inside).
So if i set the following under system/audio/ audio passthrough:
Allow passthrough ON
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver ON
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver ON
DTS capable receiver OFF

AC3 and E-AC3 will be passthrough and decoded by AVR
DTS, DTS-MA and TrueHD will be decoded by Pi and sent to AVR as PCM

Is it possible for Kodi to detect whether there is DTS or DTS-MA and in case of DTS it allows passthrough and DTS gets decoded by AVR, but if Kodi finds DTS-MA it gets decoded by Pi and sent as PCM to AVR?

Tnx.

tomi
(2017-03-16, 00:11)tomismrkolj Wrote: So if i set the following under system/audio/ audio passthrough:
Allow passthrough ON
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver ON
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver ON
DTS capable receiver OFF

AC3 and E-AC3 will be passthrough and decoded by AVR
DTS, DTS-MA and TrueHD will be decoded by Pi and sent to AVR as PCM
Yes - unless you have enabled Dolby Digital transcoding (which appears as an option if you have a 2.0 speaker config). If that is the case then DTS, DTS-MA and True HD will be re-encoded as Dolby Digital. If you don't have this enabled then they will be output as PCM.

Quote:Is it possible for Kodi to detect whether there is DTS or DTS-MA and in case of DTS it allows passthrough and DTS gets decoded by AVR, but if Kodi finds DTS-MA it gets decoded by Pi and sent as PCM to AVR?

I asked this a while back - apparently it wasn't possible when I asked due to the playback path. However this was prior to the major overhaul that Kodi audio and video playback received...
Quote:Is it possible for Kodi to detect whether there is DTS or DTS-MA and in case of DTS it allows passthrough and DTS gets decoded by AVR, but if Kodi finds DTS-MA it gets decoded by Pi and sent as PCM to AVR?

I asked this a while back - apparently it wasn't possible when I asked due to the playback path. However this was prior to the major overhaul that Kodi audio and video playback received...

So is it possible to include this auto DTS/DTS-MA feature into Kodi now?

tomi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-MA and TrueHD setting in Kodi0