Full screen / Virtual desktop navigation
This is more of a kde / gnome question than an xbmc question, but here goes:

Is there a way through either of the window manager setups that are standard with Ubuntu to configure keyboard shortcuts to work even when xbmc is in full screen mode ? I'd love to be able to have xbmc running, looking like an xbox, and then hit ctrl-right arrow to switch over to the X11 environment where I have a web browser, etc. running Cool
If you have a keyboard on your lap anyway why not just hit \ to put it in a window and go about your business?
That's what I'm doing now. Switching from fullscreen to another desktop would be smoother and sleaker, in my opinion.
Unfortunately at the moment there's no way to do that because of the way SDL handles fullscreen modes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Couldn't you just start a separate X-session on screen :1 and use CTRL-ALT-F8 to go into it? And CTRL-ALT-F7 to go back to xbmc?

-C-
d4rk Wrote:Unfortunately at the moment there's no way to do that because of the way SDL handles fullscreen modes.

Doh. Suspected this might be the case but was hoping I was wrong.

ChristianW: interesting suggestion. Won't running two separate X sessions take up an unnecessary amount of resources though ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full screen / Virtual desktop navigation0