• 21(current)
Solved Kodi 17.x Installation problem with KB2670838 Win7 x64
(2017-09-25, 23:05)Karellen Wrote: @tamerkaram

All the assistance we can offer is contained in this thread.

I suggest reading the thread. A good place to start is Post#241 and onwards.

I know this is a very old post, but there isn't a solution here. So for those who are still searching for a solution to this error today, here's the solution:
1. Open Services.msc
2. Open the properties of the service that wont start
3. Make a note of the last entry at the end of 'Path to executable' i.e. C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
4. In the registry navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost
5. In the right pane open the string that matches the Path to executable entry, then add the exact service name
6. Close regedit and reboot. Now check if the service has started.
7. Repeat for all services with this issue.

this was the solution to my problem which i did not find in thread but anyway after investigation and knowing the truth that there was some malware that took over my google browser few month ago that i fixed later but what i did not notice was that the Winmgmt or the Windows management instrumentation service was not started due to the malware removed the service from the svchost so all you need to do is go to svchost then netsvcs from right panel , open then add the line of the service that cause the issue which in that case was Winmgmt , hope that would helpya guysCool
Its the architecture of windows vs Kodi, when installing kodi, right click on it and troubleshoot compatibility windows xp sp2, it will install fine.kodi is built of an older program.
(2017-11-17, 20:29)SkyWo1f Wrote: Its the architecture of windows vs Kodi, when installing kodi, right click on it and troubleshoot compatibility windows xp sp2, it will install fine.kodi is built of an older program.
 Thank You for this!
This is the only thing that would work for me - I used WinXP, SP3 compatibility and it installed immediately - no more error messages.
This workaround has been mentioned many many times in this thread. It (usually) works but does not fix the underlying fault in your windows installation. It also has absolutely nothing to do with kodi being "built on an older program".

Sent from my SM-G955F
Hi Dears , i didnt whether the issue of the post were solve or havent. 
But im here share that  i had solved the issue (shown as below) by microsoft customer support.

please download the file from  --->
platform update required link - download here .

than choose based on ur spec  x64  or  x86.

install and restart. 

This is what microsoft customer support done on my laptop today . 

hope all these could help all kodi users who face the same issue.
I pulled my htpc out of the closet and am trying to incorporate it In my new setup. It's on xbmc 11.0-pre git: 20120209-02ff9d2 co pike feb 9 2012.

I'm trying to update to the newest. Version of kodi. I'm all up to date on my windows updates, I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

I just downloaded kodi and tried installing kodi and got the error message, "Platform update for Windows KB2670838 is required download and Install for Windows and then run setup.

I've read this thread. I'm curious if anything is diffwrent since I'm using such an old version of xbmc and w7.

In 2012 I could have followed I instructions in this thread very easily but the last 6 years my life has led me away from computers and Im seeing if someone could give me more layman advise on the fix.
All the info is in this thread.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
what is the best VERISON OF KODI to download , I a running VERISION 16 now it seems to me ver. 17.6 does not work for me , on my laptop with windows 10 installed

thank a lot
"does not work" is NOT a debug report.

The best version at present is 17.6.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
RESOLVIDO

01 - Baixe o manual do windows update.diagcab
02 - Selecione windows update - Avançar
03 - Ele vai resolver o problema de atualizações do Windows !!!
04 - Logo após atualiza ou baixa o KB2670838
Responda se o problema foi resolvido !!!
Hello Cláudio Dias

We are an English forum. If you write in Spanish(?) please also post the English translation using Google Translate... https://translate.google.com.au/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I wasn't reading 300+ posts so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

I was under the impression that KB 2670838 is one of the Windows 7 updates you want to avoid?... along with others that tried to force windows 10 and telemetry on you.
I don't have it installed on my PC.
I just did a clean install of Win 7 a couple of weeks ago.

I did get this popup... first time I ever saw it... been using Kodi since day one.

To bypass this bullshit...

Right click on the Kodi install program> select properties> select the compatibility tab> check 'run this program in compatibility mode for ... and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Click apply and ok.
Install and enjoy Kodi
Bloody brilliant, to the point solution, thank you.
Thread marked solved.
(2019-01-27, 19:22)PatK Wrote: Thread marked solved.

May I ask the dev. team how they check for the update so I can make a fix for it?
Is it a registry key combined with a platform key?
Is there some confusion regarding the registry tree discrepancy from x86 to x64 windows builds?
Is it a file on disk that may have changed version?
I know it's an old thread but I think I have gone through all posts without an answer on how Kodi checks for the update.
It even checks for it before it check if Kodi is running so it should be somewhere in the initial code. 

//Furhat
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.x Installation problem with KB2670838 Win7 x643