Shield TV Kodi Passthrough Issues
Would appreciate any assistance as I am having an issue with only getting PCM on my AVR using Kodi 17.1

I have read through quite a few threads and tried every setting but still having issues. I am using a Sony STRZA1000ES receiver. Shield TV purchased in 2017. Samsung KS 8000 TV

Set up is: ShieldTV -> AVR (HDMI) -> One Connect Box (HDMI)(ARC) -> Samsung KS8000

AVR
Audio Out - AMP Only

Player / Video
Sync playback to display - off

System / Audio
Audio Output Device - ANDRIOD, AUDIOTRACK
Number of channels - 2.0 (Shouldn't matter since I am allowing passthrough. I have tried setting at 5.1 also with no change)
Allow passthrough - on
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable Receiver - on
-Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding - on
DTS capable receiver - on
TrueHD capable receiver - on
DTS-HD capable receiver - on

Only getting PCM when trying to stream a movie or show using 17.1

I thank you for your time and help.
Lunchbox
stop triple posting.
(2017-03-27, 04:34)blossom24 Wrote: stop triple posting.

Appreciate your time in policing a forum. Nice way to welcome someone.

Cheers!
(2017-03-27, 04:37)thelunchbox Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 04:34)blossom24 Wrote: stop triple posting.

Appreciate your time in policing a forum. Nice way to welcome someone.

Cheers!
Perhaps you missed http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=42708

And forgot about Official:Forum rules (wiki) specifically 2.3 Posting: One topic per thread for ease of management.

Understandable miss-step, Welcome to the forums.
And as I stated in the Nvidia forum you need to post a Debug log (wiki).
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I would set the number of channels to the proper amount.

I wonder if setting Audio output device to 'Android, Raw passthrough', would do it for you?
First, when you are having issues, you should turn your settings for Passthrough to off, and then verify you can play back your source material without any issue.

So you should set the following...

Dolby Digital (AC3) capable Receiver - on
-Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding - OFF
DTS capable receiver - OFF
TrueHD capable receiver - OFF
DTS-HD capable receiver - OFF

Test the above, then enable the next one down, and test again. In my experience, I leave (-Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding - OFF) and have the rest set to ON.

And just and FYI, I don't see your Receiver as having support for Dolby atmos or DTX processing (https://www.crutchfield.com/S-iGsCP5qSKm...000ES.html). So DTS-HD may not work (not really sure though as I'm not up on my DTX lingo). Wink
(2017-03-27, 14:18)foghat Wrote: I would set the number of channels to the proper amount.

I wonder if setting Audio output device to 'Android, Raw passthrough', would do it for you?

No, as channel number is ignored when using pass-through and there is no "RAW" output selection in Kodi, that is a SPMC only setting.

(2017-03-27, 17:26)Powerhouse Wrote: And just and FYI, I don't see your Receiver as having support for Dolby atmos or DTX processing (https://www.crutchfield.com/S-iGsCP5qSKm...000ES.html). So DTS-HD may not work (not really sure though as I'm not up on my DTX lingo). Wink

No as DTS:X & Atmos have nothing to do with DTS-HD or TrueHD pass-through. You don't have to have a support AVR for DTS;X & Atmos to pass-through lower level formats.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shield TV Kodi Passthrough Issues0