How to install Kodi from website/url - Read if having problems doing this
I am not having problems downloading Kodi 18.8. I'm having problems installing it.
I purchased a new T95Z Plus. I am quite positive that I have turned on all permissions.
Their version of Kodi is KDPlayer and was out of date so I uninstall their Kodi and downloaded the current 64bit version from the Kodi website and I can see it in the download folder. However, when I try to install it from there or from the appinstaller, it tries but fails with a response of app not installed.
I was able to install the 32bit version from Google Play but I prefer to get it from Kodi.
Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong in order to install it from my folder?
Thanks bunches!
If Google Play installed the 32 bit version then it sounds like your device only has the 32 bit version of Android in which you downloaded wrong version. If you install CPU-Z you can check Kernel architecture to see if it's 32 or 64bit.
Hi,
I followed this link and it helped me download Kodi from URL.
Click this link
Kodi is supported on Android, IOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome cast, and more platforms.
To set things up, simply enable installs from unknown sources (for Android 10, navigate to Settings > Apps & notifications > Special App Access > Install unknown apps). Browse to the Kodi Download Page using one of the privileged apps and then just download and install the package.
Some tv box with Android are blocking Kodi, including a few Sony TV.

The only way I install it was a modified ID app someone made for Sony Smart TV.

I think is a good idea make a versión with another ID App.
(2021-05-06, 05:06)Sproggle Wrote: Some tv box with Android are blocking Kodi, including a few Sony TV.
We have no use for vague and baseless statements.

(2021-05-06, 05:06)Sproggle Wrote: I think is a good idea make a versión with another ID App.
We are not going to do that, so good luck with that.
Hello Team,
I have a problem to run Kodi on KIVI TV 55U800BR on android 9, after installation complete App starts and hangs .. During the first installation or after clearing data and cache, the program is configured, and then just a splash screen and that's it, it waited for a long time. I have 3 TVs of the same model and all have the same problem with the application.
I also tried Kodi v20 (Nexus) Pre-release Builds App starts and hangs too.
How I can fix It? Can you help me? I realy want to use the app.

version of Kodi v19.4 (Matrix)
KIVI TV 55U800BR on android 9
Region KZ
Internet Speed 500+
Hi everyone, my name is Shannon McCormick. I'm having a problem that I need help with. I am not able to install Kodi from website/url on my android 12 phone. I don't know if it will work on android 12 or not. Or is it the same as before when I installed apk mods from *BLEEP* website. It's not compatible with my phone so it can't be installed. Can anyone tell me how to install Kodi? Thank You!
(2022-12-05, 07:01)Shannon Mccormick Wrote: my name is Shannon

Well Shannon, there is really no need to use our forum to advertise your games apk website. So, don't do that anymore.

As far as your Android 12 phone goes, it would be the first one to my knowledge that couldn't initially install Kodi from the official Google Play store.
So either your whatever phone is allergic to Google Play or some other unknown hurdle cannot be taken.
Oh sorry I'm not promoting *BLEEP* or any other site. I just don't know and don't know much about *BLEEP* so I'm just asking people. I honestly didn't know that in the first place android 12 didn't work with Kodi. Sorry to bother.

* edited by moderator (again) *
Quote:"If Google Play installed the 32 bit version then it sounds like your device only has the 32 bit version of Android in which you downloaded wrong version. If you install CPU-Z you can check Kernel architecture to see if it's 32 or 64bit."
How does one tell which version (32 bit vs 64 bit) of Kodi is installed?  I have searched through all the screens and cannot find it.  I am currently running version 19.3 installed from Google Play.  CPU-Z is apparently not available for Android TV.

I have a new MECOOL KM2 Plus Android TV box with a S905X4-B processor.  When I look up the specs on that processor, I see that it is 64 bit, but when I downloaded the 64 bit version of Kodi 19.4, it fails to install.  I have tried to do a full factory reset on the MECOOL box, but that did not solve the problem.
On my shield Pro I have version 19.3. I want to install 19.5. The Android TV is the same of Android? And is which version ARMV8?
ARMV8=64 bit, ARMV7=32 bit

In interface and general functionality they are the same, the code has simply been compiled for a different processor architecture but compiled from the same source.

It's up to you to decide if you have 32bit or 64bit android installed.
(2023-01-11, 22:46)tfouto Wrote: On my shield Pro I have version 19.3. I want to install 19.5. The Android TV is the same of Android? And is which version ARMV8?
Shield Pro can use the arm64 version 👍
And another (and very easy) option to manually update Kodi on Android TV is to use the Kodi Android Installer addon from the official repo.

https://kodi.tv/addons/matrix/script.kod...oid.update
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to install Kodi from website/url - Read if having problems doing this1