can't had usb drive as video source - kripton
Hello all,

I'm using an android based media box with kodi 17.1 (kripton). I'm using confluence skin (as if it makes a difference).
When I try to add video source, my external usb hard drive does not appear in the list of possible sources, therefore I can't create a video library form that drive.
I've tried several things I've read in the forum, like going trough the root drive and locate the "media" folder, which in my case it does not exist, so I've tried the "storage" folder inside the root but nothing happened as well... I've also read all the wikis about adding video sources but reached at no conclusion why the external drive doesn't show up in browsing window.

So, surely I'm missing something in the fine print. But, is there a possibility that Kripton isn't behaving as expected?

Any suggestions?

Any help would be aprecciated.

Thank you
Look under videos then files. You should find it there and be able to add it as a source that way.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you for the reply.

But... I've done that

I go through "video">"files">"add videos..." >browse source... and than no usb drive in the possible sources

I can see the files if I choose the usb drive name after "video">"files", instead of choosing "add videos...", and I can play the files. I just can't had the usb drive as a video source and create a library. I allways have to browse through the files to find what I want to see. But I still don't see the usb drive in the "add video source" menu.

The usb drive is properly formatted as ntfs (1Tb) and I've tried with another one formatted as fat32 (16Gb) and it's the same result. Can't add videos to the library all the same.

And, as I've seen in the forum and the wiki it seems to be possible to had a external drive as "video source" and create a libray from that. Though it's not thoroughly explained how to do it. So, I don't know if Imissing a step, like proper disk formatting or whatever, or if it's some bug of krypton.

Thanks, anyway.
Go to the folder for you want to include, then open its context menu and set the content type to movies or TV shows as airports. You should then get asked if you want to scan it in.

Also if you reopen the context menu and you should have a scan to library option if you want to scan it in later.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
ok... now I'm lost

what's the "context menu" and how do I open it?
ok, I've found it.

Thx
Press "c", right click or long press - context menu (wiki).

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't had usb drive as video source - kripton0