Solved Music tagging Issues for Record Label and Rating
I have used Mp3Tag to tag all my audio files some of them are in mp3 and some in flac formats. I don't have any issues with artist, albums, coverart etc. But the 'PUBLISHER' and 'RATING' tags has some issues. In the sense that the Kodi scrapper recognizes these two tags in the MP3 files but not the FLAC files.

Since its working for one format, and not for other I have to assume this is a bug. Can someone clarify?
I dont have any Flac's, but from the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging it looks like Flac and mp3 use different tags for Rating/Publisher
(2017-04-09, 14:13)atlind01 Wrote: Since its working for one format, and not for other I have to assume this is a bug. Can someone clarify?
Not a bug. I would assume that it is a fault in your tagging Smile

By "publisher" I assume you are using the TPUB tag in mp3 files, the equivalent for FLAC files is LABEL as in record label.

For rating of FLAC files the tag is RATING, an integer 0 to 100 (there is no published standard for this so just what Kodi takes as common practice) . This is different from mp3 where the POPM tag is out of 255, but with some jiggery-pokery to deal with the various ways tagging software/media players map this to a 0 to 10 scale.

Mp3tag will apply the tags to tell it to.
(2017-04-09, 17:23)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 14:13)atlind01 Wrote: Since its working for one format, and not for other I have to assume this is a bug. Can someone clarify?
Not a bug. I would assume that it is a fault in your tagging Smile

By "publisher" I assume you are using the TPUB tag in mp3 files, the equivalent for FLAC files is LABEL as in record label.

For rating of FLAC files the tag is RATING, an integer 0 to 100 (there is no published standard for this so just what Kodi takes as common practice) . This is different from mp3 where the POPM tag is out of 255, but with some jiggery-pokery to deal with the various ways tagging software/media players map this to a 0 to 10 scale.

Mp3tag will apply the tags to tell it to.

Thanks Dave, I had to do tag mapping on my MP3TAG tool and the record label part is working now. I still have to do the 'jiggery-pokery' on the rating,
Thread marked solved.

Edit:
Never got to use that button before - now I know what it does Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music tagging Issues for Record Label and Rating0