[split] [SOLVED] Kodi 17 fails to start after upgrade from 16
This looked like the solution, but it stil didnt launch. I have the same log error and 0 DB file
(2017-04-09, 22:08)wawgster Wrote: This looked like the solution, but it stil didnt launch. I have the same log error and 0 DB file
Very likely you have a specific addon that is preventing kodi from upgrading correctly. Post a new thread detailing your symptoms, what you have tried to fix it and a full Debug log (wiki).

Also be aware of this forum's rules regarding banned third party addons. If you have any, no support will be provided.
I don't have kodi.log! Any other suggestions beside uninstall and reinstall? Did that several times.

Open the file kodi.log (using notepad or similar) and scroll right to the bottom. You should see something like this:

Code:
ERROR: SQL: [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database
                                            Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

Thanks - phm
(2017-04-10, 00:36)TDFLM48 Wrote: I don't have kodi.log! Any other suggestions beside uninstall and reinstall? Did that several times.

Open the file kodi.log (using notepad or similar) and scroll right to the bottom. You should see something like this:

Code:

Thanks - phm
I have never seen a situation where there is no kodi.log after trying to run it. Check the specified folder again. If there's no log then this fix does not apply to you. Post a new thread with full details for assistance.
(2017-04-10, 01:06)Gobberwart Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 00:36)TDFLM48 Wrote: I don't have kodi.log! Any other suggestions beside uninstall and reinstall? Did that several times.

Code:

Thanks - phm
I have never seen a situation where there is no kodi.log after trying to run it. Check the specified folder again. If there's no log then this fix does not apply to you. Post a new thread with full details for assistance.

I would bet that his windows is set to hide files extensions

So instead of having kodi.log and kodi.old.log, he will only found kodi and kodi.old files inside the kodi folder
Moanbag is in da place!
Ahhhh yes good point. One of Microsoft's worst ideas. I'll update the OP.

@phm see above post.
I tried to install Kodi 17.1 on an older PC that I just upgraded from XP to Win 7. Kodi installed OK, but when I clicked Finish, I immediately got the message Kodi stopped working. After fiddling with different suggested options - delete Addons27.db file, reinstall with Admin rights, etc, (I couldn't find a log file & I am not hiding file extensions.) I tried updating my graphics driver. (My drivers are all really old). As soon as an updated driver was installed, I tried again and Kodi is up and running. Hope this helps someone.
(2017-04-10, 05:40)marilee Wrote: I tried to install Kodi 17.1 on an older PC that I just upgraded from XP to Win 7. Kodi installed OK, but when I clicked Finish, I immediately got the message Kodi stopped working. After fiddling with different suggested options - delete Addons27.db file, reinstall with Admin rights, etc, (I couldn't find a log file & I am not hiding file extensions.) I tried updating my graphics driver. (My drivers are all really old). As soon as an updated driver was installed, I tried again and Kodi is up and running. Hope this helps someone.

That is not related to this thread but is good advice. Kodi crashes may indeed often be rectified by updating video drivers.
@jjd-uk is there any chance this thread can be locked to avoid filling it with unrelated posts?
Have you upgraded from Kodi 16 (Jarvis) to Kodi 17 (Krypton) but when you try to start Kodi after finishing the installation, nothing happens (except maybe the mouse cursor changes for a few seconds)? - This is me!!!

I have followed the steps you have mentioned in the solved thread and unable to actually find Kodi Log.

File Explorer >
C drive >
Programme Files X86 (I double click) >
Kodi found > Breakdown shows no Kodi Log and have been in every folder and not in any of them (looking to see if I can delete the "Addons27.db"

I have also done what someone has said about updating the graphic driver but says this is upto date.

Really am lost. I am no technophobe so please if there is anything I'm missing here just tell me or if any more information you need.

Using Windows 10 on a Acer Aspire E 15

Thanks

Paul

"
You're in the wrong place - that's the program folder (for the exe) rather than the data folder. That can be found at:

normal install - %appdata%\Kodi\

Windows store install - %localappdata%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Ko​di\

(open Windows explorer and copy/paste the relevant bold part into the navigation bar at the top).

The databases should be in the \userdata (wiki)\Database folder in there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] [SOLVED] Kodi 17 fails to start after upgrade from 160