uninstall reinstall
Reset back to factory Settings

but still get this error
This app is not associated with your Amazon account"
trying with Kodi 17.1 even tried kodi 16.0 same message

Any help or direction would be appreciated

kind regards
Thread moved to Android
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
That's not an error.
Thanks Luke M

well not error ok but it's a problem

would you happen have a solution ?
Solution for what? All you've done is quoted an "error" which is not, in fact, an error. You haven't described any problem.
out of 10 million users I had to run into Einstein

should have know better to respond to someone
who has same reputation as myself 0

I'd rather walk through a fire drenched in gasonline than to get help from you
plus you can't help anyway
(2017-05-08, 23:31)espringer Wrote: out of 10 million users I had to run into Einstein

but you haven't said what your problem is.....and with that attitude you are lucky to get help.......

kodi 17.1 is easily "side loaded" onto the firestick and will report as not being associated with your amazon account

you will find it though in your apps......press the home button and hold down and then select apps, you will find it there.......
(2017-05-08, 21:38)Luke M Wrote: That's not an error.

(2017-05-08, 23:14)Luke M Wrote: Solution for what? All you've done is quoted an "error" which is not, in fact, an error. You haven't described any problem.

(2017-05-09, 19:27)pusb87 Wrote:
(2017-05-08, 23:31)espringer Wrote: out of 10 million users I had to run into Einstein

but you haven't said what your problem is.....and with that attitude you are lucky to get help.......

kodi 17.1 is easily "side loaded" onto the firestick and will report as not being associated with your amazon account

you will find it though in your apps......press the home button and hold down and then select apps, you will find it there.......
I don't know if it's a language barrier, but for me it's pretty clear what his problem is. He seems not to be able to install Kodi on his FireTV stick and get the above error message:

"This app is not associated with your Amazon account"

Which, in fact, is an error. You want to install something and the device doesn't let you, so it's an error Wink

Anyway....

@espringer:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-get-kodi-...e-tv-stick

Which version do you run on your device. Check if it's at least 5.0.5.1 or newer.

If everything:

- clearing cache
- clearing data
- de- and reregistering
- clearing amazon appstore
- de- and reinstalling kodi

doesn't work, I'm unfortunately out of ideas.

Probably it would help if you would explain a bit more, what you do to install Kodi. Beginning at which file you downloaded.
-
Thank you and I am all set now
reinstall reset etc

thanks again
Mine shows the same. Kodi works fine. Think you are missing the point that you
Sideloaded Kodi and it is not a app associated with your Amazon account. It was not installed via Amazon's App Store. So not an error but more of an informative message.

Sent from my iPhone
I am having exactly the same problem with Fire TV. Worked fine yesterday and tonight it does not. I have Kodi 17 installed. I deregistered and reregistered but got the same message. Any ideas?
(2017-05-10, 10:34)DaVu Wrote: I don't know if it's a language barrier, but for me it's pretty clear what his problem is. He seems not to be able to install Kodi on his FireTV stick and get the above error message:

"This app is not associated with your Amazon account"

Which, in fact, is an error. You want to install something and the device doesn't let you, so it's an error Wink

Anyway....

No, thats the message you get when you have installed an app that is not associated or installed from Amazon and has been sideloaded...it doesn't mean that the app hasn't been installed or theirs an error...that's the point we were trying to get over......
Thanks push87. I finally came to that conclusion last night. The problem I was having is that on the Amazon Fire TV home screen I would click on the Kodi app and it would go to open Kodi and then after a second or two would shut Kodi off and return to the Fire TV home screen. I could not get Kodi to stay open. That's the first time I noticed that message and thought it was causing my problem. I think several other people on different forums are having the same problem as me and thought the problem was associated with that message.
I did manage, through dumb luck mostly to get Kodi to stay open. I first deregistered my Amazon account and then re-registered, this did nothing to help. Then I cleared data and cleared cash. This finally got Kodi to open @Karellen deleted banned references
@jackrr

A reminder of the forum rules and banned add-one . Your post has been edited accordingly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire stick - "This app is not associated with your Amazon account"0