Kodi on Linux based tv box
Hi,

I am totally newbie to the thing. I have Linux base IPTV box whose subscription is expired and my box is like wasted. I asked my manufacturer about box and he told me that it is Linux based IPTV with sigma chip set.

after googling I came to realize that there is no way to convert Linux box to android box. however, I believe there must be a way to install KODI in my Linux IPTV Box.

I came across the following thread :http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

but what I see is it is IOS based terminal code. however for an external Box there is no such terminal window.

is there any way or procedure which I can follow to install KODI on my Linux Box.

any suggestion and help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
You have posted in the wrong forum.

I'll move you to the appropriate area.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Although remember that Kodi may not work - while it will theoretically execute on your box if it can be compiled, it requires graphics capabilities that most (all?) IPTV boxes wouldn't have.

My washing machine runs Linux most likely as well, but that doesn't mean I can run Kodi on it.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Can you ssh into it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Linux based tv box0