Req Switch to disable caching of list-items, or override latency threshold
Kodi caches list-items for anything that takes more than 1000ms. In Kodi 17 a bug was introduced and these caches don't get invalidated, causing wrong result to be displayed.

If fixing that is too much trouble, would it be possible to make this 1000ms something configurable via advancedsettings so that those of us using MySQL can enjoy Kodi 17?
Sure thing, invalidating the cache is independant of the database type being used.
As the bug report mentions it works on Android (assuming genuine kodi), maybe a LE bug?
Awesome. Thanks. I would be refreshing this page every hour in the hope of hearing the good news from you.

I have a bunch of Win and Android boxes. Lemme know if I can help with any testing you might need.
(2017-05-17, 08:13)Koying Wrote: As the bug report mentions it works on Android (assuming genuine kodi), maybe a LE bug?

trac ticket reports issue on Windows so doesn't sound like an LE issue.
Yep.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313580 has more detailed analysis
I'm the one that started that ticket originally.
On my Android device all works fine but on my raspberry pi I tried LE and OSMC and they both had the same issue. I once seeked help on the OSMC forum but they pointed me back here because "This really can't be anything but an issue on their end of things..."

For now my way around the issue is a cronjob deleting all cachefiles in the archive_cache folder every 20 minutes.

If there is anything I can help with, just let me know.
Another side effect of this is:
1) I refresh a movie via its info dialog
2) after a successful refresh, the info dialog updates (with the info from the new idMovie)
3) closing the dialog refreshes the movie list, which doesn't get refreshed because it loads it from cache
4) the cached list attempts to load the art for the old media_id, and because that info was removed during the refresh, it will populate the art table with a thumbnail using the old idMovie

I wish someone would end my misery by either disabling the cache or adding a switch to control it.

PS: I om 17.4 RC1 (20170707)
+1 - Having the same issue here.
It has been over a year; Kodi devs seem to have no love for MySQL and shared libraries.

Over the past year, I have learned that the reason for the slowness of the queries on Movies and TV Shows is NOT always that the views are complex or that the database is slow; The problem is that Kodi pulls the entire data for a view and the sheer volume of data being transferred is gigantic. Fields that hold the list of thumbnails, fanarts, banners, and posters contain the entire URLs to all the assets that the scrappers have found and not just the ONE that you are using; these are unnecessary chunks of data that are only used when you try to change imagery, yet they are fetched upon every load of a view. Then you have the movie and show summaries which cannot be skipped really. Earlier, there was a problem with the IMDB scrapper that loaded a lot of junk in the database; the data always starts with something like "!!!FIXCHARS!!!" if I remember right. Rescanning those helped me shave 2 seconds. Manipulating the views to send back only the imagery that has been selected, helped shave another 2 seconds. Sadly, those changes were not enough and it still takes over a second to fetch the data for 2000 titles.

When you have many shows and episodes, entangled views cause the delay in data loading for episodes; the queries run slow and hence you hit the threshold of 1 second.

I have noticed changes to how Kodi fetches the data in Leia. I havn't had the chance to test it yet but I am hoping to be surprised.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch to disable caching of list-items, or override latency threshold0