uvulag Offline
Cool, awesome work so far!

Unfortunately didn't work for me:

Code:
[email protected]:~$ snap install kodi --edge
kodi (edge) 18.0-alpha1 from 'wsnipex' installed
[email protected]:~$ kodi
cannot change profile for the next exec call: No such file or directory
[email protected]:~$ for PERM in alsa avahi-observe hardware-observe locale-control mount-observe network-observe removable-media shutdown system-observe; do sudo snap connect kodi:${PERM}; done
[sudo] password for lutostag:
[email protected]:~$ kodi
[email protected]:~$ snap run kodi

Also would love to get this working on pi2/3 after the snap gets a bit more stable!
(This post was last modified: 2017-05-31 21:56 by uvulag.)
find quote
wsnipex Offline
Team-Kodi
@seb2411: While kodi can run on Mir, it is a build time option that excludes X11, so a different snap is needed(or multiple binaries). For now I'm focusing on the classic X11 on amd64 platform to get the basics working.
I still wonder where this error comes from though, since we link jsoncpp statically
(This post was last modified: 2017-05-31 22:00 by wsnipex.)
find quote
wsnipex Offline
Team-Kodi
@uvulag: ubuntu 17.04? I've had this bug as well. It has nothing to do with kodi, but is a snapd issue somewhere. Completely purging and reinstalling snapd as well as the kodi snap seems to have fixed it for me.
find quote
fritsch Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
(2017-05-31 21:59)wsnipex Wrote:  @uvulag: ubuntu 17.04? I've had this bug as well. It has nothing to do with kodi, but is a snapd issue somewhere. Completely purging and reinstalling snapd as well as the kodi snap seems to have fixed it for me.

I got it on 17.04 with a custom build kernel. Using ubuntu's kernel image made it work for me.

"Your most vocal users are not reflective of your userbase" J.M.
"Of course, they [XP Users and people with outdated hardware] need to tell the world about the kind of hero they are, and block innovation for everyone else because their decades old OS / hardware needs to work =p" nevcairiel (ffmpeg)
No Debug Log no issue.
find quote
uvulag Offline
Indeed, custom kernel was the issue. Forgot I was running that...
watch gallery

Sweet! If this stays inline with the repos, I found my bleeding-edge heaven! Smile
find quote
P-I H Offline
Installed some week back on Ubuntu Artful with the Ubuntu Gnome DE. The installation went OK and Kodi started, but there was no picture.
Tried again today after some updates and Kodi worked OK. It worked to connect to Tvheadend on my server and play TV. It also worked to find my media files with browse and to choose Network File System (NFS).
This is with Pulseaudio and IEC958 S/PDIF.
Version: Kodi 18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20170530-82eedia-dirty
find quote