Solved "Scan for new content" not working in profile
Hi team,

Rather than upgrading from 16.1, I recently did a fresh installation of Kodi 17.1 on my Pi3. I created a profile and set all the media sources. I let Kodi update the database with everything inside the media sources. All good for both the master profile and the user profile.

The other day, I added some stuff to one of the sources used by the user profile. I then went to "scan for new content", but nothing happened. When I switch back to the master profile and do a "scan for new content" on a source that doesn't have anything new, at least I very briefly see the "scanning..." message appear in the top right hand corner of the screen.

I switched back to the user profile and scanned all sources for new content (including those that do not have any new content), but it will never even show me the "scanning..." message.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Marc.
Hello 1marc1,

No, no idea.

Three things you can do...
1. Have you navigated to the show via Videos>Files>your source? Once you highlight your show, call up the show Information page. If it is not in the library already, it will commence an automatic scrape of the show.
2. What is the show? provide a link to the scraper site. Also show us how you have named the show and episodes.
3. Provide a debug log. Instructions in my signature below. Use Basic method. Once you Enable debugging, restart Kodi then perform you Library Update. Once done, upload to a pastebin site and link back here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-05-31, 02:29)Karellen Wrote: Hello 1marc1,

No, no idea.

Three things you can do...
1. Have you navigated to the show via Videos>Files>your source? Once you highlight your show, call up the show Information page. If it is not in the library already, it will commence an automatic scrape of the show.
2. What is the show? provide a link to the scraper site. Also show us how you have named the show and episodes.
3. Provide a debug log. Instructions in my signature below. Use Basic method. Once you Enable debugging, restart Kodi then perform you Library Update. Once done, upload to a pastebin site and link back here.

Please note that all my scrapers are set to "Local information only".

I did a tail -f on the kodi.log file just before I selected to "scan for new content". Nothing shows up. When I then browse to the files of the newly added TV show and I use "Update library", it does work.

I decided to reboot the Pi3. That seems to have resolved the issue: I had added some new content to music videos under the same user profile. After the reboot I scanned the music videos source for new content and the new music video showed up.

Thanks for your help.

Marc.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Scan for new content" not working in profile0