hardware that works as god intended
hi there,
i'm writing to ask for help looking for my own saint graal: a tv box for kodi that i can turn on and off (sleep) with a bluetooth remote (that i already have, with a usb receiver).
the requirement is to run kodi at 1080 (on android or openelec/libreelec, 4k nice to have) and, if possible, netflix and amazon video, not using wifi but only an ethernet connection.
i own an old minix neo x8h and an even older minix neo x7. i am satisfied of both boxes but the x8 has some annoying issues:
1 once it's sento to sleep, i can turn it on only with the irda remote or pushing the on button on the box, that is quite annoying because i would like to put the box inside a cabinet. the bluetooth remote i own works fine once the box is on, problem is that when it's sleeping minix decided to cut the power to usb ports so...
2 from time to time, around 1/3 of the times, when the box comes out of sleep it does not send any signal to hdmi... so i have to restart it blindly using the remote or removing power and wait for reboot.

i have already read this thread and this thread and they are quite useful. i'm considering to buy wetek hub, even if reading those thread i should buy a xiaomi mi box with a usb-ethernet dongle, but i read that sometimes the dongle is stuck after sleep so...

the question is: does the wetek box allow me to put it to sleep and turn it on (using its os or openelec) using an usb remote?

thanks in advance for your help
What exactly do you mean by a USB remote, device specifics please ?

Even is a USB remote could control the Hub I doubt it could Sleep and Wake it up. Someone would need to experiment. Wink

What does work with the Hub's - Android TV ROM is that the Xiaomi Mi Box's BT remote manages to Sleep and Wake up the Hub - Wirelessly. That surprised me. That BT remote works out of the box for everything but Voice searching using Android TV.

The Hub has an IR extender cable that works well for burying the device inside a TV cabinet. In fact I have to use it otherwise the IR signal response is poor with my setup.

I'm about to do a (Beta) Nougat Mi Box vs WeTek Marshmallow Hub - Round 2 comparison....

(2017-05-31, 11:51)wrxtasy Wrote: What does work with the Hub's - Android TV ROM is that the Xiaomi Mi Box's BT remote manages to Sleep and Wake up the Hub - Wirelessly. That surprised me. That BT remote works out of the box for everything but Voice searching using Android TV.

sorry, i am not sure i understood, you are saying that the xiaomi mi box has a bt remote that can put the box to sleep and also wake it up?

that's what i am looking, shame it has no ethernet Sad

with usb remote i mean something like this
Why are you fixed on the bt sleep/wake thing?
These boxes hardly use power anyway
Just leave it on always
Btw - if yiu liked the minixes (i do), check out the u9

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-05-31, 14:01)airone12 Wrote: sorry, i am not sure i understood, you are saying that the xiaomi mi box has a bt remote that can put the box to sleep and also wake it up?

that's what i am looking, shame it has no ethernet Sad
I get what you are saying now you have shown me that remote. Usually those type of Wireless remotes with USB dongles work with all Android / LibreELEC / Linux / Windows.
I have no idea if it would put the Hub to Sleep or not.
I strongly suspect you would have to use Hub's IR remote, but why put it to sleep anyway - it uses stuff all power. ?

I personally use the MINIX A2 Lite, Mini Keyboard remote. Works well with everything.

My Xiaomi Mi Box remote works out of the box when paired with the Hub running the Android TV ROM, it also Sleeps and Wakes up the Hub with that ROM. I suspect other similar Xiaomi BT remotes will also work.
You have to use the Hub - unofficial Android TV ROM.

Be aware the Mi Box has no Kodi Auto refresh switching for ultra smooth video playback. For a "as god intended" Kodi box - that feature must be working when using Kodi.

LibreELEC Kodi Krypton is superior to any (non HDR) Android Kodi anyway, because if you are a 4K TV user - LibreELEC has Auto Resolution switching as well, which Android Kodi does not.

If you want Amazon Video, the only way you will get it is with a nVIDIA Shield or FireTV devices.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware that works as god intended0