Bug not artwork (poster, etc) when using ftp
hello friends I am having an issue where kodi wont load local artwork (logo, poster, etc) when using my ftp server, i have test it with smb and sftp and it is working with those protocols, however sftp seen to be slower thank ftp so i can not use it, i also test kodi 18 but same issue, if anybody know how to fix it i will appreciate it if you can help me. thank you.
Do you use ftp as network connection between kodi lib and media storage?
That should not influence scraping as that always goes through http(s)

Maybe you should be more clear in your problem desxription

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-06-03, 22:51)mchp92 Wrote: Do you use ftp as network connection between kodi lib and media storage?
That should not influence scraping as that always goes through http(s)
Maybe you should be more clear in your problem desxription

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

1) i dont fully understand your question but im using serv-u as ftp server, then i add ftp server info to kodi and the set up movie and tv show lib from there.
2) i agreed howvere is it not loading local artwork. note: I have been using "TinyMediaManager" as Library manager. thank you
3) i will do my best
You haven't provided a debug log (wiki) of scraping, so how do you expect help?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Let me try to clear this up
You have a lib with movies and artwork sitting somewhere on your network. Could you describe where (usb disk hooked to your kodi box, a nas, ...)
You are scanning the media lib into your kodi lib. it recognises the moviies but not the artwork?

How do you scan in kodi? Using moviedb scraper? Local info only?

Did you create nfo files? Artwork files? Could you list them for one of your movies, as an example? The precise naming of files is quite relevant

Sent from my iPhone
Thank mchp92 for your reply, I’m sorry for all the confusion however English is not my first language, nevertheless I will do my best to explain my situation and what I’m trying to archive. Once again thank you for your replies.

So im planning on giving to some of my friends and family member some kodi boxes as gifts, already pre configured, in the beginning I’m planning on including a nice set up library (movies/tv shows). My set up right now is $1500 computer that I’m using for multiples purposes including as home server, right now I have around 500+ movies and 20 tv show, (I’m planning on adding more), but I encounter few issues, #1 is that for some reason kodi was loading only few of the artwork when setting up library using ftp as source, btw I am using serv-u as my ftp server software, I did my research and according to the internet it seen to be a bug in kodi but I honestly don’t know, I decided to use another protocol, so I tried smb and sftp and it works fine with it, I have posted youtube video so that you guys can have an idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqHZy9Yx...e=youtu.be, i also tried tried

“Add this to your advancedsettings.xml and retry.
<ftp>
<remotefanart>true</remotefanart>
<remotethumbs>true</remotethumbs>
</ftp> "

from here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=156447 forum thread but no luck. also need to mention that I was going to use sftp but im having some issue with it. Please any help will be appreciated and let me know if you need any more info.

You have a lib with movies and artwork sitting somewhere on your network. Could you describe where (usb disk hooked to your kodi box, a nas, ...): it my personal computer, ftp server software being use: serv-u

You are scanning the media lib into your kodi lib. it recognises the moviies but not the artwork?: yes but only partially, note: I have tried with smb and sftp and it works with those protocols.

How do you scan in kodi? Using moviedb scraper? Local info only?: I have tried them all, does not make a difference.

Did you create nfo files? Artwork files? Could you list them for one of your movies, as an example? The precise naming of files is quite relevant: I have use a movie manager program call tinymediamanager and here is a pic. https://ibb.co/nJBCfv. thank you
So how do you think giving away Kodi boxes preloaded with media is somehow legal?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So summarised: you host a media lib on your pc. Its reachable through ftp. It contains all movie and artwork and nfo files, which are managed through TMM. When you use that lib with a kodi box, it does scan the movies but not all the artwork. Some of it is ok. You are scanning with "local info only"
Does that sum it up?

My setup is similar save for two things. I scan using tmdb and tvdb instead of local only. And i scan off a synology nas. Sometimes my artwork is missed but that is only with hand-downloaded artwork, not the scraped artwork. But that is rare. If so, i can always add it manually in kodi. I have 5 or so boxes scanning off my nas. Two in my home and 5 with relatives.

I have a few suggestions, no guarantee tho if they work
- get a nas. They are cheap and draw less energy than having ur pc on 24/7. A simple ds216j is good enough for this, as per my experience
- once on nas, try ftp on that or maybe webdav. I tried both and they work. Some routers beyond your control might not accept webdav traffic going thu so ud have to use ftp. My daughters dorm is one example. Switching to ftp fixed the issue
- scan on the scraper sites tmdb and tvdb. I tried scraping local only (as i have ALL the artwork before i move the media files to my nas) but that is messy and not any faster than scraping off internet always

Hope this helps. Im expecting most of using nas. Very stable for this purpose. Not sure about how stable ftp server on pc wld be. I dont expect bug in kodi coz something this basic would have long been fixed

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-06-07, 06:32)nickr Wrote: So how do you think giving away Kodi boxes preloaded with media is somehow legal?

sorry nickr and yes your right, however im not making any money out of this, and in the end this is just is another project that i do for leaning porposes. im majoring in computer science and im also thinking on taking a networking AS certificate sometime.
-no i have use tmdb, Universal Movie Scraper and tvdb as well, same issue,
-yes i agree with you that ds216j will use less energy however im using my computer for multiple things, also i already have 4x8tb hdd in it.
-yes i have tried webdav but i had to use another ftp program that supported it but it not free it call crushftp, i wil still do more research and i will get back to you.
(2017-06-07, 15:32)aniel Wrote:
(2017-06-07, 06:32)nickr Wrote: So how do you think giving away Kodi boxes preloaded with media is somehow legal?

sorry nickr and yes your right, however im not making any money out of this, and in the end this is just is another project that i do for leaning porposes. im majoring in computer science and im also thinking on taking a networking AS certificate sometime.

This is always an interesting debate. Aniel considers to allow relatives to view his movies in a closed environment. After all, the media lib is uname/pw secured. Is this legal?

Lets make it simpler for arguments sake. I own a book which i bought. Can i lend that to a friend or relative? Yes i can. Can i (copy it and) give is to anybody and everybody? No i cant.
Suppose i own a dvd. Can i lend it to a friend? Yes i can. Can i invite umpteen relatives and friend over for a movie night? Yes i can.
Why cant i allow them to watch same media in their own home. Still not making copies. Still not handing out to anyone and everyone. This all doesnt seem very illegal.
Seems to me that as long as aniel doesnt hand out to general public which he isnt, things should be fine.

Your views?

Sent from my iPhone
i agree with you, "as long as aniel doesnt hand out to general public which he isnt, things should be fine" that is exactly what im planning in doing, only with few relatives and 1 friend, that is all.

updated: i was able to fix my issue with ftp from here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228159, also few more issues and questions.
1-how do you avoid kodi scanning non movies files/names, eg: deleted scenes, etc as at this moment i would like to avoid that since kodi is not smart enough yet to compile relate movies stuff into 1 movie item in the library. you can take a look at what im talking about here (i belibed they are working on it) https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308993
2-how do you keep you library organized/updated. (for example out the box kodi is not smart enough automatically deleted a movie once it has been move or deleted. i did my research and found that there two addons that does this, one is Add-on:Watchdog ( does real time update, however i could not get it to work) and the other one is Add-on:XBMC Library Auto Update which im using now.
1) this is possible. I think there is a setting you can place in advancedsettings.xml. You can / should place a regular expression (some computing term for matching strings and character patters) to exclude deleted scenes, e.g by adding "deleted scene" to the regexp. It is in exactly this way that kodi is smart enough to not scan the ubiquitous "movie_name Sample" or "movie trailer" into the lib. i will have a look in the wiki. I am quite sure i read this somewhere in the past
2) i tried watchdog but it eats processor power in kodi box and/or nas as its constantly checking. Library Auto update is what i use nowadays. Setting is "clean after update" and "do not ask for confirmation". Works for me

Sole risk is that if autoupdate runs while your media lib is offline, the whole kodi lib is cleared. It will be repopulated upon the next scan assuming the media lib is online again

Sent from my iPhone
Afterburner.
It is in section 2.3.11 of advancedsettings. Check there plus related link in that section.

Sent from my iPhone
Try this

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
not artwork (poster, etc) when using ftp0