Kodi-send - client count reached
Hello,

I am using the build in "kodi-send" command, to control my kodi. (I have a remote control, a second raspberry pi with lirc and an IR sensor that I configured to control kodi, which is installed on raspberry pi).

Normally I control it from the remote raspberry pi client with the command kodi-send --host --port --action

Then I noticed, that after a few actions (10-15), kodi stops responding.

I enabled debug logging. The log says "Cannot accept any more clients, maximum client count reached".

It is working again after waiting less than a minute, so i guess it is deleting the clients after some time after the action command was send. (?)

I tried using the kodi-send command on kodi directly (connecting with SSH), there I get the same. Kodi does not react any more and in the log it says "Cannot accept any more clients, maximum client count reached".

I searched the kodi wiki and google. But I could not find anyone with the same problem.

So, my questions are:
Is there a setting to set the maximum client count in kodi to a higher number?
If not, is there a possibility that kodi-send does not create a new connection with every command if it is comming from the same client and therefore does not create a new client that adds to the maximum client count?
Or perhaps there is a method to disconnect directly after sending a commmand via kodi-send?

Thanks in advanced,
Izzymon
Hi Izzymon, did you ever solve this problem or find a workaround?
I also have this problem and have not yet found a solution.
Thanks,
Rene
(2019-11-26, 21:16)RebornLoophole Wrote: Hi Izzymon, did you ever solve this problem or find a workaround?
I also have this problem and have not yet found a solution.
Thanks,
Rene

Hi Rene,

yes, I actually have found the solution.

There is a config file .kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml where you can change the maximum clients count.

Default is " <esmaxclients default="true">20</esmaxclients>"
I have changed mine to  <esmaxclients>100</esmaxclients>

You have to stop the kodi service before editing and I think a complete restart of the rapsberry pi was required.

Hope this helps you,
Izzymon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi-send - client count reached0