v17 Video looping stops randomly after a while
Exclamation 
Hello everyone. I did a quick search and didn't see a thread pertaining to this, so if I missed one, feel free to call me out.

I have several model 3 Raspberry Pis setup with OpenELEC running Kodi build 17. We've been using this setup at our showroom for the last several years, and this is the first time I've run into an issue like this. So I'm not sure if it's the current build of Kodi that's the problem, or if there's just something I'm missing.

We have 10 videos in a Playlist that I then Queue up and set to Loop all videos. The videos are only about 1 minute long each, so it only takes about 10 minutes to get through and then loop back. What's happening though, is that randomly the loop will stop and return the device back to the main menu. I don't know why. If I open the queue menu while the videos are playing, Loop is still set to "All". But it will just randomly terminate the loop.

In years past, we've set the loop and let the Raspberrys go for weeks. No I keep having to restart every playlist at random, and there are 10 of them scattered around the showroom.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or have you experienced the same issues with this version of KodiHuh Hopefully I can get this resolved soon. Neocon starts tomorrow morning!
Hello shadowreaper and welcome,

You have 10 Kodi installs. Are all 10 exhibiting this behaviour? Which version Kodi are you using, and what operating system.

To try and solve the problem we will need a debug log. Instructions are in my signature below. Use the Basic method.

Once you Enable debugging in settings, restart Kodi. It is important that you capture the random kick back to the main menu. So just leave it running until it happens. Then upload the log to a pastebin site and link back here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks, I will try in a little bit. Taking one of my Raspberry Pis back to my hotel to test and log it tonight, then I'll post the results after.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video looping stops randomly after a while0