v16 Crackler not streaming since early June
(2017-06-16, 08:20)Eye in the sky Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 00:28)jbecker Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 21:01)mrsfixit Wrote: I run Jarvis on a Pi3.

That limitation didn't register with me until just now; Eracknaphobia's Crackle addon will only install on Krypton.

Eracknaphobia's Crackle add-on works fine on SPMC 16.7 and CEMC with xbmc.python changed to 2.24.0.

Doesn't help me as I'm running LibreElec, not Android... Undecided

Oh well. :-[
(2017-06-15, 15:16)jbecker Wrote: Eracknaphobia's CRACKLE add-on works fine and appears to stream all of the movies in much higher 1080P resolution that than the typical 540P that the official CRACKLER addon typically streamed, although that's 1080P with a variable frame rate that averages in the low 20's (fps) most of the time based upon my limited testing.

This (3rd party) CRACKLE addon is issuing content requests to content.uplynk.com (instead of Crackle's servers) and uplynk.com appears to be owned and controlled by Verizon Digital Media Services, so that is definitely a factor in why it is still working even though the CRACKLER addon has stopped working. And the source code for each addon is significantly different from the other's, so it's not really surprising that Eracknaphobia's CRACKLE add-on is working.

@Alexsource, I looked at the log you posted and you really should consider doing a fresh install and maybe consider more carefully which 3rd party addons that you install on your system.

@mrsfixit, if you're saying that Eracknaphobia's CRACKLE add-on isn't working for you, post your logfile; http://kodi.wiki/view/log_file

There is no question that the official (KODI repo) CRACKLE addon is no longer working. Ironically, as of this moment, Crackle's own Amazon (native) Fire TV app is NOT working either on any (2nd Gen) Fire TV devices which I've confirmed on multiple devices and with multiple other Fire TV device owners.

I'll try to make a krypton portable and see what happens, but I'm not hopeful. Oh! and when I tryed Eracknaphobia's CRACKLE add-on I tryed Attack The Block, and I remember it being 480p
Ok, I just arrived from work and I tryed again on my main setup just for kicks, and Eracknaphobia's CRACKLE add-on seems to work again... Go figure!! HuhRofl
(2017-06-16, 19:17)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 00:28)jbecker Wrote: That limitation didn't register with me until just now; Eracknaphobia's Crackle addon will only install on Krypton.

Eracknaphobia's Crackle add-on works fine on SPMC 16.7 and CEMC with xbmc.python changed to 2.24.0.

The Eracknaphobia version is running great on LibreElec 8.2 here!
(2017-06-17, 01:26)Nostrodamus Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 08:20)Eye in the sky Wrote: Eracknaphobia's Crackle add-on works fine on SPMC 16.7 and CEMC with xbmc.python changed to 2.24.0.

The Eracknaphobia version is running great on LibreElec 8.2 here!

Yeah, still mostly on LibreElec 7.03 here.

I've got 8.x installed on a card in One of my Pi 2's. Seems ok, but very different. Don't care for Estuary and had to install Confluence. And it just seems slower than Jarvis.

If I get the time I'll swap the card into the Pi 3 and see how it runs. I'm really not thrilled about having to upgrade, but with some favorite addons not working I may have to.

But I'm not happy about it... I hate change. lol :-)
(2017-06-12, 06:21)jbecker Wrote: I'm surprised that more KODI users haven't reported this by now.

Hello,
I did not report because every time I write something about Kodi my account and IP address get banned by Kodi admins.
Today I managed to create new account from friend's computer, so I am reporting.

P.S.
I despise Kodi how poorly it is written, I am sick and tired of this spinning wheel forever and also socks5 proxy is not working.

PPS
if not forum's users I would not even know new addon requires Krypton so yes addon is also poorly written

disgusting
about addon:

In my case movies fail to play, only tv shows play
On Crackle's site is a link to activate a device. Maybe we need to treat Crackler as similar to Youtube in that regard. In other words, if you can log into Crackle with an activation code, maybe it will start working again.

I can also verify that the Crackle module inside USTV VoD will not play movies.

~James

UPDATE: The Plex Crackle Plugin is also not working! Appraently, Sony has found a way to block 3rd party plugins! Web browser access still works, of course. This could spell the beginning of the end of using plugins to access entertainment content.

UPDATE: Over at Plex, the logs indicate that the URL's are for https:// but the code module is only using http://. Could that be the case here?
(2017-07-06, 02:24)kdisucks Wrote:
(2017-06-12, 06:21)jbecker Wrote: I'm surprised that more KODI users haven't reported this by now.

Hello,
I did not report because every time I write something about Kodi my account and IP address get banned by Kodi admins.
Today I managed to create new account from friend's computer, so I am reporting.

P.S.
I despise Kodi how poorly it is written, I am sick and tired of this spinning wheel forever and also socks5 proxy is not working.

PPS
if not forum's users I would not even know new addon requires Krypton so yes addon is also poorly written

disgusting

well with that kind of attitude you are not even welcome anymore. bye
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-06-16, 00:28)jbecker Wrote: That limitation didn't register with me until just now; Eracknaphobia's Crackle addon will only install on Krypton.

I think you missed the entire point of Eye in the sky's post.

Go to Eracknaphobia's github and download Crackle.
Unzip the download and edit the addon.xml file.

Change this line:
Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.25.0"/>

to:
Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.24.0"/>

Save the edited addon.xml file. Rename the plugin.video.crackle-master folder to plugin.video.crackle and zip it. You then install from zip method in Kodi 16.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
(2017-07-08, 04:04)misty01 Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 08:20)Eye in the sky Wrote: Eracknaphobia's Crackle add-on works fine on SPMC 16.7 and CEMC with xbmc.python changed to 2.24.0.

I think you missed the entire point of Eye in the sky's post.

Go to Eracknaphobia's github and download Crackle.
Unzip the download and edit the addon.xml file.

Change this line:
Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.25.0"/>

to:
Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.24.0"/>

Save the edited addon.xml file. Rename the plugin.video.crackle-master folder to plugin.video.crackle and zip it. You then install from zip method in Kodi 16.

For the most part, I've been using Krypton on the Pi 3, so I wound up installing eracknaphobia's Crackle add on and it works. At least it did last time I tried it.

Krypton has a couple of little features that I really like, so I might just stay with it if it remains stable. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crackler not streaming since early June1