Returning to menu from screensaver
When playing music and the visualization comes on, what key will get me back to the menu (besides Stop)?
XBMC machine: ABIT AN-M2HD with nVidia 7050 onboard (Ubuntu Hardy + latest nVidia driver), AMD Athlon BE-2350, Microsoft MCE IR Remote, Logitech PS3 USB keyboard, 33w idle, 53w max, 720p plasma over HDMI
tab... RTFM man.
Hi althekiller,

There's no TAB key on my remote. Since you're politely asking me to read the fine manual, which manual would that be that describes the mapping between arbitrary LIRC remotes and stopping the screensaver?

I really enjoy using XBMC but the tone in these forums is difficult to tolerate.

Regards,

-George
XBMC machine: ABIT AN-M2HD with nVidia 7050 onboard (Ubuntu Hardy + latest nVidia driver), AMD Athlon BE-2350, Microsoft MCE IR Remote, Logitech PS3 USB keyboard, 33w idle, 53w max, 720p plasma over HDMI
Yes, his reply was a little on the terse side, however "Key" suggests a keyboard to me, and indeed I presumed that was what you were referring to.

At any rate, you now know the keyboard uses "Tab" to switch, that at least gets you as far as the action involved and what the standard remote maps it to (keymap.xml). How you get that into LIRC is something you'll have to investigate a little further. If there's no documentation in the manual, then please consider writing some if and when you find the answer.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan. Digging a bit, it looks like 1) the TAB key is mapped to DISPLAY, 2) the mceusb remote mappings in Lircmap.xml have a mapping from TELETEXT to DISPLAY, and 3) my version of the remote (I believe it's the one sold currently) has no TELETEXT key. Versions are here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote

I can fix my Lircmap.xml, but it should be updated in svn too.

XBMC may want to consider designing the UI to use just six buttons, like the Apple UI does. That way, any remote would be guaranteed to work and novices would have an easy time. Experts could use the other buttons as shortcuts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Returning to menu from screensaver0