Show the file names of movies not being scraped
Quote:I mean those ones.
Yes, the ones (above on the screenshots) are the ones not being scraped and shown without names (in the "MOVIES" view, not in the files view, not quite sure whether these are the right terms).

Quote: Provide the TMDB links for 3 of them.
Very sorry, there are no links available, because those concerts are not contained in TMDB (and IMDB), that is why they are not scraped, I guess. Or, am I missing anything?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
No, sorry. My mistake. Looking at your images there seemed to be some information there, so assumed you only got a partial scrape. But that is not the case.

You will need to create your own nfo files. These are little files that hold all the information about a movie or concert. It is information that you enter. Once created it is placed alongside the movie file. You then perform a normal library update, Kodi sees the file and reads it as if it was doing an online scrape. They are very simple and quick to create. It is easiest done by one of the many available apps. You can read more here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Nfo

You can use the one mentioned by @Powerhouse

I use this one... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142723

Hope that helps
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:You will need to create your own nfo files. These are little files that hold all the information about a movie or concert. It is information that you enter. Once created it is placed alongside the movie file. You then perform a normal library update, Kodi sees the file and reads it as if it was doing an online scrape. They are very simple and quick to create. It is easiest done by one of the many available apps. You can read more here... Nfo (wiki)

You can use the one mentioned by @Powerhouse
Yes, the nfo files usually Kodi creates. Thank you for the link.

Quote:I use this one... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142723
Ah yes, that Austrian manager I use intensively, very nice one, can access offline movies (external drives) and is the fastest scraper I know.

Yes, that helps very much, many thanks again
Those aren't Movies, those are Concerts, which MediaElch can scrap (it has a section for Concerts), but probably not all of them (your mileage may vary).

Not sure why you think MediaElch will delete your entries when you unplug them, that is not how it works. Plug in some drives, point MediaElch to them, let it scan them in, you fix the entries you need. Then once you save that info, it is written to each Movie (or TV or Concert) you grabbed the info for. If you unplug the drive, the info will still be listed in MediaElch. Then you can plug in additional Drives, have MediaElch scan them, and then fix those Movies (or TV or Concerts). Repeat until all done.

I think your biggest problem is that you have to many drives that you don't keep plugged in all the time. This will cause issues for any media system.

Also, not sure what you changes, but whenever a source is removed from any of my systems, I get a prompt (when I perform a Scan or Clean), that it can't find the media, and do I wish to remove it from the database (which I say No). So your lack of getting that dialog box means there is some other issue (or setting you enabled) that messed with it.

Maybe start with a Portable Install (http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode), and test adding sources, then removing them, then clean the system and see if the dialog box comes up.
Quote:Not sure why you think MediaElch will delete your entries when you unplug them
Actually I do not think so.

Quote:I think your biggest problem is that you have to many drives that you don't keep plugged in all the time. This will cause issues for any media system.
Besides of tinyMediaManager, extremMovieManager and such, I guess.

Quote:Plug in some drives, point MediaElch to them, let it scan them in, you fix the entries you need. Then once you save that info, it is written to each Movie (or TV or Concert) you grabbed the info for. If you unplug the drive, the info will still be listed in MediaElch. Then you can plug in additional Drives, have MediaElch scan them, and then fix those Movies (or TV or Concerts). Repeat until all done.
Cannot get it to work, which settings do I have to use?

I have a test movie folder with some movies scraped with MediaElch:

When I rename the test folder ("simulating" a none plugged in drive) all of the information are gone:

Is there any option I am missing? Or does ME behaves in another manner with external drive paths? Edit: no, the same, when the drive is plugged off, the entries in ME are not shown anymore, when plugged in again they are shown again. How could I change that?

Can I use MediaElch additionally to other media / movie managers, e.g. tinyMediaManager (without getting conflicts with them, info, nfo files, images, thumbs, etc. may be downloaded, created twice)? So, for example, tinyMediaManager stores the data (images, nfo files, movie information) in the movie folders and sub folders of them. Can I avoid that MediaElch overwrites anything? May be, to avoid it, I can adapt / change the file names (schemes) being created / used (may be add an "x" or "ME" to the beginning at each naming scheme. Edit: yes, that appears to work besidess of with the .actors folders) or change the location that information is stored:

Quote:Also, not sure what you changes, but whenever a source is removed from any of my systems, I get a prompt (when I perform a Scan or Clean), that it can't find the media, and do I wish to remove it from the database (which I say No).
By Kodi? Yes, that is like it was with me some time ago. I did not change anything by intention regarding this. You use Kodi 17.3? Did you clean your library lately?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#Library

Quote:Clean library... Remove items from your library that can't be found (either renamed, deleted, or on removable storage that is currently unplugged).

Quote:So your lack of getting that dialog box means there is some other issue (or setting you enabled) that messed with it.
Actually the above would not lead to such conclusion, I would think.

Quote:Maybe start with a Portable Install (http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode), and test adding sources, then removing them, then clean the system and see if the dialog box comes up.
Thank you for the link, yes, I use Kodi in portable mode. According to what the manual / Wiki says, I would think such a dialog box should not pop up anymore.
Everyone seems to have missed the obvious. These are neither movies nor tv shows. They are music videos, set your source accordingly and choose theaudiodb as your scraper.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:They are music videos
Sorry, I am not sure, actually I would say they are not music videos - a short film with a piece of music - (and those concerts are not found in such a database, at least not more than in others) but concerts and some / many of them are found in the TMDB or / and IMDB.
(2017-06-22, 10:26)nickr Wrote: Everyone seems to have missed the obvious. These are neither movies nor tv shows. They are music videos, set your source accordingly and choose theaudiodb as your scraper.

I didn't, see 2 posts above yours...8)
(2017-06-22, 08:31)Boyzie Wrote: 1.
Quote:Not sure why you think MediaElch will delete your entries when you unplug them
Actually I do not think so.

Quote:I think your biggest problem is that you have to many drives that you don't keep plugged in all the time. This will cause issues for any media system.
Besides of tinyMediaManager, extremMovieManager and such, I guess.

Quote:Plug in some drives, point MediaElch to them, let it scan them in, you fix the entries you need. Then once you save that info, it is written to each Movie (or TV or Concert) you grabbed the info for. If you unplug the drive, the info will still be listed in MediaElch. Then you can plug in additional Drives, have MediaElch scan them, and then fix those Movies (or TV or Concerts). Repeat until all done.
Cannot get it to work, which settings do I have to use?

I have a test movie folder with some movies scraped with MediaElch:

When I rename the test folder ("simulating" a none plugged in drive) all of the information are gone:

Is there any option I am missing? Or does ME behaves in another manner with external drive paths? Edit: no, the same, when the drive is plugged off, the entries in ME are not shown anymore, when plugged in again they are shown again. How could I change that?

Can I use MediaElch additionally to other media / movie managers, e.g. tinyMediaManager (without getting conflicts with them, info, nfo files, images, thumbs, etc. may be downloaded, created twice)? So, for example, tinyMediaManager stores the data (images, nfo files, movie information) in the movie folders and sub folders of them. Can I avoid that MediaElch overwrites anything? May be, to avoid it, I can adapt / change the file names (schemes) being created / used (may be add an "x" or "ME" to the beginning at each naming scheme. Edit: yes, that appears to work besidess of with the .actors folders) or change the location that information is stored:

Quote:Also, not sure what you changes, but whenever a source is removed from any of my systems, I get a prompt (when I perform a Scan or Clean), that it can't find the media, and do I wish to remove it from the database (which I say No).
By Kodi? Yes, that is like it was with me some time ago. I did not change anything by intention regarding this. You use Kodi 17.3? Did you clean your library lately?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#Library

Quote:Clean library... Remove items from your library that can't be found (either renamed, deleted, or on removable storage that is currently unplugged).

Quote:So your lack of getting that dialog box means there is some other issue (or setting you enabled) that messed with it.
Actually the above would not lead to such conclusion, I would think.

Quote:Maybe start with a Portable Install (http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode), and test adding sources, then removing them, then clean the system and see if the dialog box comes up.
Thank you for the link, yes, I use Kodi in portable mode. According to what the manual / Wiki says, I would think such a dialog box should not pop up anymore.

2. By media system, I mean Kodi or Plex, not the media managers you mention.

3. There is a setting when you add sources in MediaElch to Scan when MediaElch is restarted (forget the actual name, don't have the software in front of me at the moment).

Also, MediaElch won't overwrite images, but it will pick them up when you scan your movies as they are named the same regardless of the Media Manager you used. So Folder, Fanart, Logo, Thumb) scraped from another Media Manager will show up in MediaElch just the same. You won't have duplicate entries. Replacing the .NFO files should make no difference either.

4. I've used every version of Kodi since Kodi 11 and am currently on Kodi 17.3. I clean my library daily (and I update it daily as well). This way all my systems are up to date, and the same across the house.

7. Why would you think the dialog box would not come up anymore?
Oops, very nice numberation.

Quote:3. There is a setting when you add sources in MediaElch to Scan when MediaElch is restarted (forget the actual name, don't have the software in front of me at the moment).
Sorry, what for should I use that setting?

Quote: 7. Why would you think the dialog box would not come up anymore?
Because it does not. Did you see the screenshots / information above?

How can I show offline movies in MediaElch?

Thank you very much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show the file names of movies not being scraped0