Convert/transfer library from Plex to Kodi
Hi there. I need to transfer/convert my media library with file links and views from Plex to Kodi. I just bought 10m HDMI cable and don't need use Wifi on TV anymore.

I found different ways to export Plex library, this one is most actual - https://github.com/ukdtom/ExportTools.bundle/wiki

Is there any way to import CVS/XLSX library to Kodi or convert CVS/XLSX to acceptable format?
Do you need to import?

Can't you just re-scrape the library from within Kodi. I am assuming you have your artwork saved locally with the video file.

How large is the library?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm guessing the idea is to save watched status, so simply rescraping wouldn't work.
Ok, wasn't sure what he meant by "with file links and views". You're guessing he means watched status.

I am not familiar with Plex. Out of curiosity, can it export to Kodi friendly nfo?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
yes, Kodi library info can be exported to NFO (or one large XML).

@asscrab - as Kodi can import local metadata from nfo files that are placed next to your video files, maybe there is some tool to export the Plex metadata to such nfo files?
Thanks da-anda

Quote:I am not familiar with Plex. Out of curiosity, can it export to Kodi friendly nfo?
Probably should have been written as:

I am not familiar with Plex. Out of curiosity, can Plex export to Kodi friendly nfo?
My Signature
Quote:Ok, wasn't sure what he meant by "with file links and views". You're guessing he means watched status.
Yes, I meant that.

Quote:can Plex export to Kodi friendly nfo?
I didn't find such method.
They suggest to copy folders as official method to backup/restore database, so I don't think there are any normal tools
Quote:Can't you just re-scrape the library from within Kodi.
I just don't want to. If there more technologic way to solve your problems, you'd better use it.

Quote:I am assuming you have your artwork saved locally with the video file.
No, it's not.

Quote:How large is the library?
Not large, but there are some playlists (Haruhi Suzumia watch order, James Bond movies chronological order) and some live shows and bootlegs, I tagged and fixed manually.
It might be wise to post in the Plex forum asking if Plex can export to Kodi friendly nfo's
My Signature
I use Trakt to keep watched history consistent between both, its supported addon for both products

I would expect to set it up on Plex, add library to Kodi, then setup the addon on Kodi which should bring in all the watched status

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Convert/transfer library from Plex to Kodi0