Req Add .strm file support in muisc library
Hey DaveBlake

I was told you are in charge of everything music in Kodi. I was wondering if there's any chance of supporting .strm files with plugin paths for music? Right now, .strm do not work, at least not in a normal way. All of this works in the video library, just not the music library.
Spit to own thread (for future reference, just start a new thread in the forum, I'll notice it. Maybe label it a "feature request").

I'm not "in charge", but I am the dev with an active interest in the music library Big Grin

(2017-06-25, 23:02)angelblue05 Wrote: I was wondering if there's any chance of supporting .strm files with plugin paths for music? Right now, .strm do not work, at least not in a normal way.
I am very busy and have a long "todo" list, so there is little chance of me working on this in the forseeable future, doesn't mean some else can't of course.

You can already play audio streams in Kodi, and navigate the contents of a .strm file, from file mode. There are also addons for playing certain streams e.g. shoutcasts (internet radio), or Google play.

Adding music library support has some challenges because, unlike the video library, the music library is based on scanning tags embedded within music files that give the fundamental artist, album and song data. NFO files are used for additional artist and album data that is not in the music file tags, such as biography or artwork, but they do not add new artists or albums to the library.

What music is the audio stream playing? Given an arbitrary audio stream how could it be integrated into the music library anyway? It could be useful to specify what is required, what you want the library to be able to do.
Sure, no problem Smile

I'm one of the dev for Emby for Kodi. It would just point to songs in the user's Emby library. Right now strm files play the single file. Strm files do not play in a playlist (so useless for an actual music library). I take it it's normal since it's only for long streams like radio.

The context would be as follow: play songs found in the emby library via plugin paths, the addon can then pass a listitem to provide all musicinfotags. Like it's done for video library.

Let me know if I should provide more info, but that's the gist of the functionality I'm looking for. I understand you have a lot of your plate Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add .strm file support in muisc library0