How to connect to Kodi with VNC?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
philled Offline
I have Kodi installed on a MythBuntu box (that's a Ubuntu distribution designed for MythTV). There is a VNC server running on the box and I can get a VNC session up and running. But the problem is that when going through the Kodi menus and screens the user interface flashes really badly and it's unuseable. Is there a way to use VNC without all this flashing? I don't get this problem accessing other apps on that machine with VNC.

BTW the reason I'm accessing over VNC is because I often want to make changes to settings etc when I'm not sitting right in front of it.
find quote
Klojum Offline
Team-Kodi Member
With Kodi Krypton there is now the new web interface Chorus2, which offers lots of more functionality and options to change settings. Not all of the settings, but quite a few.
find quote
philled Offline
(2017-07-09 09:48)Klojum Wrote:  With Kodi Krypton there is now the new web interface Chorus2, which offers lots of more functionality and options to change settings. Not all of the settings, but quite a few.

Thanks. I did have ago with that (I think that's what I was looking at!) but it's quite limited. It doesn't, for example, let you install new addons which is the main thing I want to do when I'm in Settings as everything else is pretty much set and forget.
find quote