v17 Missing Movie Artwork & Movie Set Syntax
I am a newcomer to Kodi and am using a Shield TV / Estuary Mod combination.
I have previously been using a Popcorn Hour A410 & YAMJ for some time, and I am well used to artwork syntax and NFO files.

After installing the Mod and all required Add-Ons, I created Favourites and associated Sub-Menus for the different network video sources (which also contain all the necessary artwork for YAMJ) from my network shares .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first problem is that although all of the Movies are visible however they didn't pick up all of the right movie artworks at first scan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The second problem is that I have a lot of Movie Sets and although I can see the sets and nested movies when I look at them in Favourites, only some of the sets appear under the Sets category.
The Wiki doesn't seem to get me any further other than to say that NFO file can be used as follow:-

<sorttitle>Die Hard 1</sorttitle> <set>Die Hard Collection</set>

However, I have this format on the existing sets created for YAMJ. A few of these appear in the list of sets, and others do not. I can't see any difference in the NFO files between the sets that appear / do not appear in the category list.

For example, this works in Kodi Movie sets category (and is visible within "manage movie sets"

<title>Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone</title>
<sorttitle>1 Harry Potter 1</sorttitle>
<set>Harry Potter</set>

<title>Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets</title>
<sorttitle>2 Harry Potter 2</sorttitle>
<set>Harry Potter</set>

<title>Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</title>
<sorttitle>Harry Potter 3</sorttitle>
<set>Harry Potter</set>

This doesn't work (and is not visible within "manage movie sets")

<title>Batman Forever</title>
<sorttitle>Batman 1</sorttitle>
<set>Batman</set>

<title>Batman Begins</title>
<sorttitle>Batman 2</sorttitle>
<set>Batman</set>

<title>The Dark Knight</title>
<sorttitle>Batman 3</sorttitle>
<set>Batman</set>

Obviously I could fix this manually through the "manage" function but that is going to be a time consuming affair for all of the different sets.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are my questions:-
1) How do I get Kodi to look at local artwork ONLY? I know I have the right artwork for all existing Movies & TV shows and I have some more to add with home created artwork.
2) How does the MovieSets function work in Kodi? If I knew what it is looking at, maybe I could figure out what I need to do to get them all to appear in the Category list.
@Rich2222 Hello and welcome,

Quote:The first problem is that although all of the Movies are visible however they didn't pick up all of the right movie artworks at first scan.

Please read the following posts which may solve the first problem. Report back on outcome and then we can continue with remaining questions.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2610357 also post#50 in same thread,.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Rich2222

If you have scraped your library (and for the moment let's assume we let Kodi do it) and then export your library to nfo files, Kodis (new) syntax inside nfo-files for movie sets is

Code:
<set>
  <name>some set title</name>
</set>

I have that for each movie which contains to a movie set since the beginning of Kodi 17 IIRC.

I'm not saying, that you do something wrong. I have to try to reproduce your issue at home, as I have a lot of sets as well. I'm just saying that you could try to do it different for a test, maybe Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Artwork & Movie Set Syntax0