• 63(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
Grid 1.5.0 (Krypton)
Available through the repo add-on. Working towards new official release.

Changes:
  • Reworked skin settings category menu to indicate currently focused category
  • Include duration for episodes in containers
  • Added buttons to clear video hub sources
  • Fixed a navigation issue in skin settings
Thanks for your updates, my favorite skin by far

For some reason Grid Beta has disappeared after update, can't re-install from repository or kodi interface setting,
only installation of the skin zip solved the problem,
it happened on 2 different devices, android & windows

anyhow, Is it possible to add more sources to the Movies & TV Show HUB ? I would like to be able add different add-ons, similar options to the skin's widgets.
now it is limited to library & Extended Info
Strangely, the beta won't seem to install. I don't see any error, but it acts like installation is done. Yet if you go back into the add-on, Install is still the option there.
(2018-01-17, 21:03)mystik Wrote: Strangely, the beta won't seem to install. I don't see any error, but it acts like installation is done. Yet if you go back into the add-on, Install is still the option there.
 download  https://gitlab.com/jeroenpardon/reposito...-1.5.0.zip

and install from zip in kodi

had the same problem and it fixed it
@Jeroen ,
Cheers to responsive developers of worthwhile apps! 

I have the pvr settings set to use backend channels, and grid responds accordingly, but seems to miss the sub-station numbering.
while looking at the channel-list[h], I see the channel-#, names, and icons designated by the backend, but...

Instead of seeing the complete channel-#'s:
10.1 wabc
10.2 wdef
10.3 wghi
13.1 wjkl
13.2 wmno

I get:
10 wabc
10 wdef
10 wghi
13 wjkl
13 wmno

Viewing the channel list via the epg[e] or alt-channel-list[c] doesn't show any channel numbers, and we are left choosing channels by name/icon
I would be glad to grab screen-shots or logs if it's helpful, just let me know.

Not sure if this is as intended, a setting that I have missed, or some other 'boring' issue? Smile
I am in the US, using the tvheadend PVR add-on to grab OTA ATSC.

The family acceptance factor is good with grid.  Thanks again
-Cyril
(2018-01-19, 17:36)53ri41 Wrote: @Jeroen ,
Cheers to responsive developers of worthwhile apps! 

I have the pvr settings set to use backend channels, and grid responds accordingly, but seems to miss the sub-station numbering.
while looking at the channel-list[h], I see the channel-#, names, and icons designated by the backend, but...

Instead of seeing the complete channel-#'s:
10.1 wabc
10.2 wdef
10.3 wghi
13.1 wjkl
13.2 wmno

I get:
10 wabc
10 wdef
10 wghi
13 wjkl
13 wmno

Viewing the channel list via the epg[e] or alt-channel-list[c] doesn't show any channel numbers, and we are left choosing channels by name/icon
I would be glad to grab screen-shots or logs if it's helpful, just let me know.

Not sure if this is as intended, a setting that I have missed, or some other 'boring' issue? Smile
I am in the US, using the tvheadend PVR add-on to grab OTA ATSC.

The family acceptance factor is good with grid.  Thanks again
-Cyril

Thanks for the kind words Smile I have made some adjustments to the guide window and the osd guide window which I think take care of this. You can either grab a build from Github now and try it out or wait for a new build to come out through the repository add-on, which shouldn't be too far away.
BTW, new official Grid releases are available on the Kodi repository for both Krypton and Leia. Focus will be shifting towards the Leia release now. I will still merge bugfixes from Leia to Krypton, but I will focus on improving the Leia compatbility / look to take advantage of Leia improvements.

I am also working on support for the Globalsearch add-on for Leia. The new version of that add-on is compatible with Leia only and I will not be supporting older versions of the add-on.
(2017-11-20, 19:33)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 14:01)henrikyo Wrote: I want one fanart on the homescreen for movies, when its highlited, and another one for tv shows, and another for weather and settings.
I currently don't have any plans to add this, sorry.  
I´d like to second that request. I think it could be a good way to improve usability for children f.e.
I used Destiny skin until i found your theme and had it setup with some kid-specific backgrounds on their menu-items (kid-movies, kid-series, kid-clips) so they could find their content without reading the menu-item-description ... and please let´s not discuss if 4 and 5 year old children should be allowed to control a mediacenter without parental guidance Wink
Getting there!

RE:EPG:
Whether the intent is for the channel to show up as:

10.3 wabc
or
10.3.wabc

it seems odd to be:
10.3. wabc

Is the extra [space] in 'focusedchannellayout' intentional ('after ChannelNumberLabel,,.')?

xml > viewguide.xml

line 103 ('label' of 'chanellayout')
<label>$INFO[ListItem.ChannelNumberLabel,,.]$INFO[ListItem.ChannelName]</label>
shows up as:
15.3.PBS KIDS

line 139 ('label' of 'focusedchannellayout')
<label>$INFO[ListItem.ChannelNumberLabel,,. ]$INFO[ListItem.ChannelName]</label>
shows up as:
15.3. PBS KIDS

------------------------
I tried a couple things on my own, although I have no way to know if my changes have any negative effect on TV standards other than US-ATSC

None of the attempts seem to solve that the info screen shows the main channel, but still doesn't show the sub-channel.

What I have tried that works well for US-ATSC:
'10.3 wabc' format:
-Cyril
Thank you for your hard work on this skin. I have been looking for a skin that I can customize for my "Stereo-Pi" project. I am using a 7" non-touchscreen display and the default skins for Kodi and OSMC are just unreadable at a distance. I know some of that is due to the small screen size, but even up close, the text size can be a little small. Your skin works awesome! The customization options are very thorough and easy to do.

I had only 2 issues with the skin.

1. When you switch to the Arial Font, you lose the highlighting of menu items on the home screen. I have rebooted the system and checked the settings in the "Skin Customization" section. Everything looks like the highlighting should work, but it doesn't. I noticed this problem on Windows, Linux, and Android installs. This behavior was present even before I fixed problem number 2.

2. The included Arial font will not display Thai, Korean, Japanese and English characters at the same time. Since my native language is English, I keep the Kodi program in English, but I have several Music Videos, and Music artists from Thailand, Korea and Japan. This was no problem, since I had a Uni-code Arial font that I could use. I just replaced the default one with it.

All that being said, Thank you again for this skin. I really like it, and am thinking of replacing the default skin with it on all of my Kodi installs!

If you would like to see some pictures of the project, you can find them here: Stereo-Pi
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
I have used this skin and love the look and feel for the most part as it's pretty clean.  If there is a way of making the font smaller, I'd be happy to try it.

My largest issue with the skin is that on my admittedly aged i3 system, it clocks in at taking 97% of the CPU processing power when starting up and updating the library, and remains at that 95%+ range for so long the system becomes unstable and Kodi crashes.  For comparison, the Titan skin tops out at 70% and start dropping after two minutes or so and does not crash (except at the end when I try to exit Kodi, but I've had that problem on multiple machines with multiple skins for many years).

This is on a Windows 10 machine with the latest updates.
(2018-01-21, 04:45)53ri41 Wrote: Getting there!

RE:EPG:
Whether the intent is for the channel to show up as:

10.3 wabc
or
10.3.wabc

it seems odd to be:
10.3. wabc

Is the extra [space] in 'focusedchannellayout' intentional ('after ChannelNumberLabel,,.')?

xml > viewguide.xml

line 103 ('label' of 'chanellayout')
<label>$INFO[ListItem.ChannelNumberLabel,,.]$INFO[ListItem.ChannelName]</label>
shows up as:
15.3.PBS KIDS

line 139 ('label' of 'focusedchannellayout')
<label>$INFO[ListItem.ChannelNumberLabel,,. ]$INFO[ListItem.ChannelName]</label>
shows up as:
15.3. PBS KIDS

------------------------
I tried a couple things on my own, although I have no way to know if my changes have any negative effect on TV standards other than US-ATSC

None of the attempts seem to solve that the info screen shows the main channel, but still doesn't show the sub-channel.

What I have tried that works well for US-ATSC:
'10.3 wabc' format:
-Cyril

Should be fixed now, cheers!
(2018-01-21, 08:18)linesma Wrote: 1. When you switch to the Arial Font, you lose the highlighting of menu items on the home screen. I have rebooted the system and checked the settings in the "Skin Customization" section. Everything looks like the highlighting should work, but it doesn't. I noticed this problem on Windows, Linux, and Android installs. This behavior was present even before I fixed problem number 2.

I'll see if I can improve on this a bit but to be honest it will likely still be far from optimal. The Arial font is just very limited when it comes to different font weights. The only thing I can do is increase the size difference between unfocused and focused items.

Quote:2. The included Arial font will not display Thai, Korean, Japanese and English characters at the same time. Since my native language is English, I keep the Kodi program in English, but I have several Music Videos, and Music artists from Thailand, Korea and Japan. This was no problem, since I had a Uni-code Arial font that I could use. I just replaced the default one with it.
The Arial font is actually included with Kodi and not with the skin. If you have a version of the font that has advantages over the one being used my Kodi and it the font license permits it being used in Kodi I would recommend opening a Trac ticket to have it included.

Quote:If you would like to see some pictures of the project, you can find them here: Stereo-Pi
Very cool, nice job!
(2018-01-21, 23:14)Tired Dad Wrote: I have used this skin and love the look and feel for the most part as it's pretty clean.  If there is a way of making the font smaller, I'd be happy to try it.

My largest issue with the skin is that on my admittedly aged i3 system, it clocks in at taking 97% of the CPU processing power when starting up and updating the library, and remains at that 95%+ range for so long the system becomes unstable and Kodi crashes.  For comparison, the Titan skin tops out at 70% and start dropping after two minutes or so and does not crash (except at the end when I try to exit Kodi, but I've had that problem on multiple machines with multiple skins for many years).

This is on a Windows 10 machine with the latest updates.

Not sure what could be going on there to be honest. I am running Kodi / Grid on some older hardware too, and on an rPi2 and they show nowhere near such CPU usage.
Hi Jeroen,

I've just found the Grid skin today and I'm really impressed! Great work!

I have 2 problems though.

When I select the Blur function I like the way the clock looks (no square) but the main menu is not blurred/transparant anymore?

When I select a directory on my NAS, with let's say two subdirectories in it (seasons in this case) the subdirectory names don't show.

Running LibreElec 8.2.3 on Raspberry Pi 3
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10