• 33(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
First off, love the skin. Great work! With the latest release however it appears some of the home menu (icons,alternating boxes, or menus not selected on the horizontal menu) is a green colour now. I can't figure out what colour option in the customise menu drives this. How can I change this?
(2017-08-29, 11:58)Blurayx Wrote: Would you consider in the future adding an option that when a track is selected artist slideshow also starts Smile

Right away you mean? Not possible afaik, not enforceable by skins in any case. I could be wrong but I do believe you can customize after how much time the now playing window opens. If so, it has to be somewhere in Kodi's settings.

Just to be clear though, we're talking about the now playing / music visualization window, which is Kodi. Artist slideshow is just the pictures you see IN that window.
(2017-08-29, 12:47)deletedpenguin Wrote: First off, love the skin. Great work! With the latest release however it appears some of the home menu (icons,alternating boxes, or menus not selected on the horizontal menu) is a green colour now. I can't figure out what colour option in the customise menu drives this. How can I change this?

Thanks Smile

Skin Settings -> Visual effects > Colour effects
(2017-08-29, 13:32)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-29, 11:58)Blurayx Wrote: Would you consider in the future adding an option that when a track is selected artist slideshow also starts Smile

Right away you mean? Not possible afaik, not enforceable by skins in any case. I could be wrong but I do believe you can customize after how much time the now playing window opens. If so, it has to be somewhere in Kodi's settings.

Just to be clear though, we're talking about the now playing / music visualization window, which is Kodi. Artist slideshow is just the pictures you see IN that window.

Yes, Horizon and (fuse)neue have this feature.
Album artwork/info with artist slideshow are displayed, Then after a few seconds album artwork /info disappears

Horizon skin
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
I like to see all the Kodi addon updates listed with a date, Grid does seem to remove the update date infos?
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2017-08-29, 13:32)Jeroen Wrote:

@Jeroen -- see here:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.hor...utoVis.xml
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Idea for the TV channel view. Earlier someone mentioned that the channel logo's were cut off.
How about this: (see mockup)

@Jeroen, you asked 'how big is big' for the media info. This is how big the media info is in Artic Zephyr compared to the one in GRID.

(2017-08-29, 13:57)Blurayx Wrote: Yes, Horizon and (fuse)neue have this feature.

(2017-08-29, 14:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Jeroen -- see here:

Yeah, I should have worded that differently. I know it could be worked around by using custom windows. Given enough investment almost anything is possible.

It's just that, there will always be some feature someone wants that isn't there. And for now I really want to focus on the core functionality being as good as possible.

IMO, design and usability are as much, if not more, about what you leave out as they are about what you add. A toggle to make something appear that would otherwise appear after a couple of seconds anyway, I honestly feel is redundant.

I know these might seem little things, but if I add all of them this skin is going to end up with 200 toggles and switches, become a chore to maintain and fall into the void so many other skins have over the years. There are skins around that have all the bells, whistles, kitchen sinks and toggles for any obscure function anyone ever asked for. Grid is not, and will never be that type of skin.

This is not directed at anyone in particular and I certainly do not mean to be rude, but I feel I have to repeat that I am currently not taking feature requests. My only goal right now is to get this skin ready for an official release.
(2017-08-29, 15:06)joostzilla Wrote: Image

@Jeroen, you asked 'how big is big' for the media info. This is how big the media info is in Artic Zephyr compared to the one in GRID.

+1. Plot size should increase
(2017-08-29, 16:34)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-29, 13:57)Blurayx Wrote: Yes, Horizon and (fuse)neue have this feature.

Yeah, I should have worded that differently. I know it could be worked around by using custom windows. Given enough investment almost anything is possible.

It's just that, there will always be some feature someone wants that isn't there. And for now I really want to focus on the core functionality being as good as possible.

IMO, design and usability are as much, if not more, about what you leave out as they are about what you add. A toggle to make something appear that would otherwise appear after a couple of seconds anyway, I honestly feel is redundant.

I know these might seem little things, but if I add all of them this skin is going to end up with 200 toggles and switches, become a chore to maintain and fall into the void so many other skins have over the years. There are skins around that have all the bells, whistles, kitchen sinks and toggles for any obscure function anyone ever asked for. Grid is not, and will never be that type of skin.

This is not directed at anyone in particular and I certainly do not mean to be rude, but I feel I have to repeat that I am currently not taking feature requests. My only goal right now is to get this skin ready for an official release.

No offence taken Smile
I'll return to this skin when it's out of beta, it's a good skin but I do find the navigation a bit confusing at times.
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
at the video osd can you add the finish time for video files that are not in our library?
(2017-08-29, 16:59)Blurayx Wrote:
(2017-08-29, 16:34)Jeroen Wrote:

No offence taken Smile
I'll return to this skin when it's out of beta, it's a good skin but I do find the navigation a bit confusing at times.

Dunno what you mean. I think it's just about perfect. To each their own.
(2017-08-30, 00:11)IdiotSavante Wrote:
(2017-08-29, 16:59)Blurayx Wrote:
(2017-08-29, 16:34)Jeroen Wrote: Yeah, I should have worded that differently. I know it could be worked around by using custom windows. Given enough investment almost anything is possible.

No offence taken Smile

Dunno what you mean. I think it's just about perfect. To each their own.

Please don't get me wrong it's a good skin, it's not right for me at the moment Smile

Here some examples:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2638237

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2638503

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2639213

*next aired not working and I rely on it a lot. Their are no plans to fix it at the moment.
*next aired doesn't match the beautiful GRID GUI
(2017-08-30, 01:00)Blurayx Wrote: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2638237
How is this confusing navigation? The method you use here to get to the add-on browser is completely unnecessary. By default there is a home menu entry called add-ons which has a link to the add-on browser. Even then, the home menu is completely customisable, so you can add a link to the add-on browser anywhere in the menu... Something I already told you even Huh
Dunno if this will fall into a bug report or perhaps feature requests or maybe just feedback? Bear with me.

Regarding views, the required/default watchlist plugin doesn't have the option/functionality to ignore specials making it unusable for me, so I replace the "watchlist" menu entries with ones from skin helper service widgets, since it has said option/functionality. Unfortunately, this makes the views less than ideal since I don't think SHSW passes all the same info/metadata/art to the skin as the watchlist plugin or library itself does, causing things to zero out or vanish, like the air date. As the watchlist plugin says it was created for Refocus, I assume it's under your purview & can be extended to ignore specials? Or would I be better off seeing if I can get SHSW to pass more info? Or is there some trick to getting watchlist to ignore specials?

Another views request would be for consistent text title fallback for tv shows that don't have graphic logos available. As it stands, Slide, Landscape, List all have no visible series titles if there's no logo to display when looking at a list of episodes from different series such as the "Recently Added Episodes" library node. Big List has the series title in text, plus the logo over the thumbnail if available. Landscape has text fallback for logos if it's looking at a group of tv series (not episodes). I don't know if it's easy or feasible to unify, but I'd love for this to be consistent, with the series title in text if there's no logo to superimpose & otherwise not in the text of the menu item itself, if that makes sense.

On the main menu side, one niggle that drives me bonkers is the discrepancy between the menu entry titles & the title on the corresponding next view/screen not matching up. "TV SHOWS" in the menu leads to "TVSHOWS" as a menu item, for instance. Furthermore, the title of any/all SHS widgets is "Skin Helper Service Widgets" rather than the menu entry that calls them. I'm not sure if it's a skin/string thing, but it would be nice for us to have (at least the option to have) the menu item names carry over as a sweeping fix to all of the naming discrepancies. I built the menus I use, I know what leads where & why I use the labels I do.

Also with the main menu, the whole menu shifts down one row if I open a submenu that has 3 items in it, but if I put 4 items in it it stays put. I use a 4 entry main menu with 3, 3, 4, 4 submenu items each (from top to bottom) & the first two items will shift down a row when their submenu is open & pop back up when it's closed. Not sure if that's intended behaviour.

Periodically (and this happened with Refocus too), hitting 'back' on my remote doesn't take me back to where I came from but dumps me out into the "Videos" menu (which isn't even on my menus as an item whatsoever) or the Video Add-On submenu inside. Another 'back' or two will generally get me back to the main menu. Not sure why there's the extra steps though.

Also it'd be lovely to be able to change the left-pointing arrow used for the selected vertical submenu item icon out for something else. I'll likely go in manually once the skin's stable & switch it myself if there's no option.

Otherwise, thanks for the great work on a fantastic skin. I've been digging this more than the last couple of Refocus releases.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10