• 48(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
(2017-09-18, 08:23)Jeroen Wrote:
  1. Thanks, forgot about that one. As the code for this is shared between content types and there are is no such thing as standards and consistency in the PVR this needs a workaround. Will be ready in the next update.
  2. I was under the impression it is currently showing whatever is available. ListItem.Icon and ListItem.Art(thumb) are always returning the same value for me. Then again, I only have a demo PVR add-on so that's not saying much. If I take a quick look Estuary's code though, it's always using ListItem.Icon so the results should be the same it would seem to me. I'll take a look at this part again tonight.
  3. Technically possible, yes. I just feel it looks cramped. And with the small area available for it, I feel it isn't truly useful. After the official release I plan to make the guide customisable so you can adjust it's height. I'll consider adding it then.

Thank you for your continuous improvement!

Did you change something with the code?
I tried your newest release (1.2.32) and now it shows images on the channel list, although not the ones from my PVR system.

And I hope you change your opinion about the picture on the guide. Wink
There have been some small changes yes.The images you're seeing are scraped by a PVR add-on, this is more useful for people with backends that don't supply (enough) artwork. So in your case this would be unwanted behaviour. I am going to take some time to really flesh out the PVR thumbs as it is bugging me. So hang on Wink
Hey Jeroen, I'm trying to set the view skin to be from right to left. I set the main menu to the right but didn't succeed to change the icons to the right too. Can u tell me in which xml I find the code for it? Thanks for the beautiful skin!!

Sent from my ONE A2001
Just wow, it looks really nice.
I know you don't take any feature request so don't take the following as such Wink

The only thing I'm missing is the possibility to have fanart on the homescreen based on the selected menu item.
For instance show the fanart of movies when that is selected and fanart of TV shows when that menu item is selected.

EDIT:
One thing I'm not getting to work consistent is the animated artwork.
Sometimes it will load an animated poster and than after reinstalling or rebuilding the library it won't show it for the same move.
How can I troubleshoot or debug that?
Which is the newest releasenumber?
Because it doesn‘t show an update and i am on 1.2.30

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
I really love the work you've done on the skin if I can ask a couple of things though, I added your repository and there's 2 versions 1.2.23 and 1.2.30 but someone mentioned above about v. 32.. Do I get that from github directly?

I think you said the seek bar and osd during playback is back on the latest version. Also I can't get opensubtitles or any other online subtitle service to work with the skin, it doesn't search, even manually.
When in list view for some reason tv shows art is fine but in movies it's all cropped off, if I select poster then it just layers it over the top of the plot description and fanart...

Also on the widget screen, once you get to the last tile you have to scroll all the way back again, cycle would be helpful maybe

Sent from my LG-H815
(2017-09-19, 14:18)zeevgg Wrote: Hey Jeroen, I'm trying to set the view skin to be from right to left. I set the main menu to the right but didn't succeed to change the icons to the right too. Can u tell me in which xml I find the code for it? Thanks for the beautiful skin!!
Start in either of the View[Type].xml's and work your way from there. It really isn't just one xml. You''l need to get your hands dirty Wink

(2017-09-19, 14:24)Rouzax Wrote: One thing I'm not getting to work consistent is the animated artwork.
Sometimes it will load an animated poster and than after reinstalling or rebuilding the library it won't show it for the same move.
How can I troubleshoot or debug that?
Animated artwork is handled by Skin Helper Service, the skin just displays what is handed to it by the add-on.

(2017-09-19, 16:28)LastDragon Wrote: Which is the newest releasenumber?
Sorry, I forgot to bump the version number on the repo, should be available now.

(2017-09-19, 16:30)iad77 Wrote: I really love the work you've done on the skin if I can ask a couple of things though, I added your repository and there's 2 versions 1.2.23 and 1.2.30 but someone mentioned above about v. 32.. Do I get that from github directly?
Even numbers = Krypton, odd numbers = Leia. Only Krypton gets support currently.

Quote:I think you said the seek bar and osd during playback is back on the latest version.
Yes, but see my response to LastDragon above.

Quote:Also I can't get opensubtitles or any other online subtitle service to work with the skin, it doesn't search, even manually.
Not skin related, the skin doesn't perform any search.

Quote:When in list view for some reason tv shows art is fine but in movies it's all cropped off, if I select poster then it just layers it over the top of the plot description and fanart...
Can't reproduce this. Screenshot?

Quote:Also on the widget screen, once you get to the last tile you have to scroll all the way back again, cycle would be helpful maybe
Press back
(2017-09-19, 17:00)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-09-19, 16:28)LastDragon Wrote: Which is the newest releasenumber?
Sorry, I forgot to bump the version number on the repo, should be available now.

It's not Sad Repo still shows 1.2.30.
Polish language translator/maintainer for Grid skin.
Hi !

on the latest version, all of a sudden I don't see the seek bar (with the total time and left time on the upper part of the screen) when I pause.
did something change? bugged? or do I need to do something ?

thanks!
Get the latest version 1.2.32. If you're not seeing it, please manually refresh the repo.
Grid now has it's own little website: www.gridskin.net

Still some things to do like better screenshots and maybe add a video when I finally make one. Mainly meant as a sort of landing / referral page, so intended to be kept small Smile

Oh and if anyone has a better tagline, I'm all ears Wink
(2017-09-20, 11:08)Jeroen Wrote: Grid now has it's own little website: www.gridskin.net

Nice!

Also, noticed this issue. Likely to do with using a lower resolution / smaller window and needing to scroll down (this was scrolled down)

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-09-20, 11:08)Jeroen Wrote: Grid now has it's own little website: www.gridskin.net

Excellent work!
One question though: I see a couple of skins in the repo, one with a blue icon and one with a red icon. Which should be considered the stable one?

Thanks a bunch.
Art
(2017-09-20, 11:23)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Nice!

Also, noticed this issue. Likely to do with using a lower resolution / smaller window and needing to scroll down (this was scrolled down)
Well, it should not be caused by a lower resolution as the way it's coded should be resolution independent, as it's using relative dimensions. But I guess even in 2017 browsers still don't agree with eachother about everything Wink Haven't tested with Firefox yet, will do now Smile Cheers!

(2017-09-20, 13:51)aquerido Wrote:

Excellent work!
One question though: I see a couple of skins in the repo, one with a blue icon and one with a red icon. Which should be considered the stable one?

Thanks a bunch.
Art
Blue=Krypton, red=Leia. Krypton version gets most testing and is the only supported version at the moment.
In the Add-Ons menu (custom-1110-Addons.xml) the totals often cause a terrible lag in navigating the menu.
Is there a way to turn them off in the skin options ?
I looked for it but couldn't find any. So I'm commenting/deleting them after each update of the skin. (I use sed for this.)

These lines :
Code:
<label2>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.TotalVideoAddons),, $LOCALIZE[31073]]</label2>
<label2>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.TotalAudioAddons),, $LOCALIZE[31073]]</label2>
<label2>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.TotalPicturesAddons),, $LOCALIZE[31073]]</label2>
<label2>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.TotalProgramAddons),, $LOCALIZE[31073]]</label2>
<label2>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.TotalAddons),, $LOCALIZE[31073]]</label2>

The system is my HTPC, which is an Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 with 8GB RAM, 2 SSDs, and RX 480, running Arch Linux + KDE/Plasma and Kodi.

Also,
when I choose an addon from Video (MyVideoNav.xml) or Music (MyMusicNav.xml) Kodi, Grid, or the add-on hangs for no apparent reason on the busydialog (DialogBusy.xml) throbber. Twice I let it sit (while doing something) else. And after about 1 hour, and about 1 hour 30 minutes, it was still hung and showing the busy throbber.
Any idea if this is in Grid, or Kodi ? I already established that addon is not even entered (by adding a line, that's logging "It's me!" to the Kodi log, as the first statement to execute at addon entry). It never appears in the log.
I have to lookup the PID number of Kodi (/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin) and kill it.
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10