Blank screen when CEC turns on TV
I have set CEC to stop playback when TV goes to standby. After pressing a key on the remote, CEC turns the TV back on but the screen is just blank. When I start playing back some random video or activate a window via iOS remote, it works again.

This just happens when CEC stops playback. If there was no playback before and I turn the TV off via its remote and back on again via CEC, the menu shows as it should.

This has been the case for some while now and probably always was like this.

Kodi 18 on RPi3

Probably the same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/6...n_via_cec/
@kkoa,

I have read this post before. Have you posted this elsewhere?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I posted it here and then removed it for further investigation.

Code:
void CPeripheralCecAdapter::CecSourceActivated(void *cbParam, const CEC::cec_logical_address address, const uint8_t activated)
{
  CPeripheralCecAdapter *adapter = static_cast<CPeripheralCecAdapter *>(cbParam);
  if (!adapter)
    return;

// wake up the screensaver, so the user doesn't switch to a black screen
  if (activated == 1) {
    g_application.WakeUpScreenSaverAndDPMS();
    g_windowManager.ActivateWindow(g_windowManager.GetActiveWindow() != WINDOW_INVALID ? g_windowManager.GetActiveWindow() : WINDOW_HOME);
  }

g_windowManager.ActivateWindow(g_windowManager.GetActiveWindow() != WINDOW_INVALID ? g_windowManager.GetActiveWindow() : WINDOW_HOME);

This fixes it but it not completely as you get kicked out of addons and stuff.

Is there any way to just redraw the current window without reactivating it like above?
ah, no problems. Thought I was losing my mind Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank screen when CEC turns on TV0