Disable Kodi default splash screen?
So I know this a repost. Apparently I was asking in the wrong place. So some don't get confused I know I can delete the splash screen and I can disable it in advancesettings.

But what I want to do is maybe with json disable it. I know I can change other core settings using Jon but I am not sure how to go about turning this off. As it is not a normal setting.?

And useful help without belittlement would be welcome. Thanks.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
I don't see it in the introspect... you can double check below:
http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6#Setting
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks. Didn't know if it was something unlisted or not. Elmtree it will be...
(2017-07-28, 06:35)smitchell6879 Wrote: Thanks. Didn't know if it was something unlisted or not. Elmtree it will be...

Just a friendly heads up...I don't know what your intentions are... any plugin that writes to advancedsettings won't be allowed in the official repository. Which was why the 'settings' rpc was added.
Alright... Not even if I can phase the advancedsetting and just add and subtract that one part. Since there doesn't seem to be a rpc setting that already does it?
(2017-07-29, 21:17)smitchell6879 Wrote: Alright... Not even if I can phase the advancedsetting and just add and subtract that one part. Since there doesn't seem to be a rpc setting that already does it?

Any code that opens system files won't be allowed.

I would normally suggest you request the feature, but seeing how your request debrands kodi I doubt it will be added.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to control the splash? this is normally something users can add on their own.
Honestly, Its two reasons. One being I just started playing around with the python a little more, the color matching thing was a bit much for my noobie skill set, considering I have no formal introduction to python and have a lot to learn.
With that I was playing around the other day and found the json to change the skin from within python, of course the user has to confirm this change. So I know people add there own custom splashes and not that I always do, but I have disabled the Kodi splash before more so because I could that any other reason. But with that I just wanted to play around and see if I could accomplish this from python within kodi. Also I just found the elm tree stuff thought it was pretty cool and just thought this might would have been useful while learning. because honestly in my coding journey with Kodi I have learnt a lot but haven't been able to help the community in any real way. more so just bugging all of you that actually know what your doing.

I had not really though about the fact that it would be debranding of Kodi and I can see way it wouldn't be a good idea.
Whatever happened to your skin? did you finish it? plex something?
Well a couple things actually.. the biggest is life has put it on hold for the most part been working on house plans. Also I have kinda been trying to explore some other ideas, as one of my testers has decided to include my ideas into there mods, which takes away from the uniqueness I was shooting for thus putting a pause on the direction I was going.

I know overall all skins have the same base core, but I had actually manages to blend apple and google design imo with a full working blur and color changing attributes that work fairly well on a pc running i5 up or NVidia shield. And I spent a month developing a addon that allowed me to have a widget with different artwork but all still sized appropriately. So you had posters, fanart, thumbs, album cover and it all was clean. But after parts seems to surface early I just lost some motivation to disturb until I get a more complete skin.

As you and any skinner here knows there is a lot of hours that go into producing a skin, and just have someone rip them to another skin doesn't sit with me to well.

But it happens so instead of pushing to finish it I am just putting it on the back burner and tinkering with it when I need a break of other things. Plus this python code is very intriguing. If only I understood more the possibilities seem endless.

So yeah that the long answer, short answer I am no were near finished, and yes it was uniplex.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable Kodi default splash screen?0