YouTube need TAB pressed to play on Kodi 17.3 Krypton on raspbian jessie
I have installed raspbian jessie and then installed kodi with "apt-get install kodi" (installs kodi v17.3 Krypton).

I am able to play YouTube videos on kodi, but I need an USB keyboard: I navigate to a movie with the cursor keys, then press RETURN to start the movie playing, but then I have to press the TAB key to make the movie start playing.

With the Kore android app I am able to select and start a movie, but I can't see it play. I haven't figured out to do what the TAB key on the keyboard does...?

Is there a way to make the film start playing using just Kore?
Does anyone know what the TAB key does?

Thanks!

- Steinar
TAB key is full-screen toggle on a normal keyboard, sounds like for some reason your videos are starting behind the GUI.
Ah, OK, thanks!

Is there a full screen symbol on Kore?

Hm... google found me this: https://github.com/xbmc/Kore/issues/44

Issue #44 is closed as fixed, but I've been unable to figure out what "full screen" key the issue is talking about. I have tried all keys that I can see in Kore and none had the same effect as pressing the TAB key.

I'm using a systemd file to start kodi on boot. Could it be something in what I do there that causes the videos to start behind the GUI?

Here's the /etc/systemd/system/kodi.service file:
Code:
[Unit]
Description = Kodi Media Center

# if you don't need the MySQL DB backend, this should be sufficient
After = systemd-user-sessions.service network.target sound.target

# if you need the MySQL DB backend, use this block instead of the previous
# After = systemd-user-sessions.service network.target sound.target mysql.service
# Wants = mysql.service

[Service]
User = pi
Group = pi
Type = simple
#PAMName = login # you might want to try this one, did not work on all systems
ExecStart = /usr/bin/kodi
Restart = on-abort
RestartSec = 5

[Install]
WantedBy = multi-user.target
(2017-07-29, 20:18)steinarb Wrote: Ah, OK, thanks!

Is there a full screen symbol on Kore?

Hm... google found me this: https://github.com/xbmc/Kore/issues/44

Issue #44 is closed as fixed, but I've been unable to figure out what "full screen" key the issue is talking about. I have tried all keys that I can see in Kore and none had the same effect as pressing the TAB key.

Found it: It's the "Arrow back" symbol I assumed was for navigating backwards ("<-")
(But only if I first press "Home" and then "<-", otherwise "<-" acts as "navigate backwards)".

But I found the "Toggle fullscreen" menu:
Overflow menu (top right "...")->Toggle Fullscreen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube need TAB pressed to play on Kodi 17.3 Krypton on raspbian jessie0