News Addons
Hi guys, what is the best news addon which shows US, International, and european news ?

thanks
You could access news sources from PlutoTV, YouTube and the Newson plug-in.. and more in the official Kodi repository. Were you looking for a particular source?

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2017-07-31, 17:51)Lunatixz Wrote: You could access news sources from PlutoTV, YouTube and the Newson plug-in.. and more in the official Kodi repository. Were you looking for a particular source?

Thanks, im just looking for any free legal news addons
(2017-07-31, 18:20)venomxx Wrote:
(2017-07-31, 17:51)Lunatixz Wrote: You could access news sources from PlutoTV, YouTube and the Newson plug-in.. and more in the official Kodi repository. Were you looking for a particular source?

Thanks, im just looking for any free legal news addons

I'm in the US and have been watching CBSN (CBS New Live), CBS News (Cbsnews.com), Democracy Now and a few others such as USTVNOW (need to sign up for a free trial account), WABC, WNBC,, etc.

However some have been having problems streaming. CBSN (CBS News Live) does have video quality settings when set to 360 I have been able to stream ok, The source video I belive is 1080p which is too high for many internet connections.

I share my internet connection with others so it can become significantly low which is a problem for some Kodi add-ons.

I'm also having problems with other video add-ion working such as e.g. EEVBLOG, EarthTouch, Break Videos, etc.

Kodi doesn't have that many major news add-ons for news at least for in the US.

Paid services such as NetFlix and Vudu automatically adjust video quality or the video quality is part of their configuration setting.

Kodi Player doesn't have a general max - min video quality setting, (sometimes available for specific add-ons) so some add-on have difficulty playing video when your internet connection throughput decreases.

Kodi Player does have some settings such as "Display Refresh Rate", "Render Method", etc. . My "Render Method" only works when set to "Software" and I'm not able to find any video quality setting for the player itself, so some add-ons have problem or won't work at all due the internet connection becomes too slow.
(2017-08-20, 21:53)User-3023 Wrote: Kodi doesn't have that many major news add-ons for news at least for in the US.

um-kay, sure they do!

You are always welcome to contribute a plugin that features a news agency you like...
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_development
(2017-08-20, 22:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 21:53)User-3023 Wrote: Kodi doesn't have that many major news add-ons for news at least for in the US.

um-kay, sure they do!

You are always welcome to contribute a plugin that features a news agency you like...
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_development

Having not performed a thorough search lately It's likely I haven't found all the US news streams. Some news can be found as programs or streams within other add-ons

What I have found is CBS Live (works some of the time other times is unable to stream news video), the CBS News add-on, the Evening News stream and some of the other CBS steams are broken.

ABC there is a ABC News stream under Worldwide news add-on but it's a single stream of whatever is on the stream, without any video selection or news format. There is also a ABC News-24 I think it's called, however that for my system and connection is broken and won't stream.

NBC news I haven't been able to find any NBC News add-on

WNBC is a bunch of televisions shows, no NBC news found.

Worldnews Live has some news programs however ones such as ABC News 24, CBS News, CNBC (Canada), CSpan, etc. fail to play at my location and Kodi installation.)

USTVNOW did work for a while but currently hangs trying to load channels.

Haven't been able to find a MSNBC add-on , though I do remember watching NBC or MSNBC from an add-on for television shows, but I don't believe it's any longer installed or supported under Krypton I would need to look again as I upgraded Kodi to Krypton and didn't install some of the old add-ons for various reasons including compatibility

CNN may be available within another add-on?

*** (I just needed to close Kodi as it was for some reason slowing down Firefox while creating this post. Sort of strange, after closing Kodi everything immediately started to speed up and became normal again.)

Anyway if you have other major or even minor news add-ons for news agencies in the US please post links to them or where to find them.

I do remember playing a few US news streams that are from local city or area news agencies representing one of the major news however are not actually a major news agency stream.

I guess by major I mean major news streams directly from one of the big ones such as ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. CBS News is currently broken and one of the few that actually Kodi streams a regular nightly news.

Likely there are others that I haven't yet found and there is some news within other add-ons and television show add-ons.

*** (Quit firefox and restarted Kodi then restarted Firefox again, everything seems to be ok for now, must have been something related to Firefox. The Adobe player wasn't active so I'm not certain the cause of slow down)

I've found Kodi to be very beneficial to watch news and other streaming video as a browser which often takes up additional system recrouces because of all the advertizing isn't required.

Major News online video (www) streaming isn't very good as often the news agencies websites bog down the Internet as there is too much advertising and also requires a flash player such as the Adobe Flash Player, that when enable runs in the background hogging system resources. Some forums are the same way, the forum owners have advertising to I would guess to make some money and to pay for the forum. However it's often too much where one is unable to actually use the forum unless on a bandwidth connection with enough throughput to stream the forum and all of it's advertising.

Some of these websites do ok if you have a good internet connection, however my 150GB internet connection is shared with other users which means often my connection speed can be slowed way down from under 10GB to around ~20GB.

At slower speeds I've found only a few of the online streaming sites such as e.g. Netflix and Vudu do ok.

Some Kodi addons don't do well or don't play at all while under slower internet connections, partially because the Kodi player doesn't have any video quality settings. If an add-on has video quality settings they don't always work and a video won't play. Kodi does have a bandwidth limitation setting however I've not experimented with this setting while video streaming.

I have Netfix and Vudu accounts and rarely have had problem streaming with them at lower connection rates as their players adjust video quality along with Internet connection speeds.
As said above, add-on developers welcome.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Does the NewsOn addon still work? I’ve tried a few times and it just tells me the newscasts unavailable.
NewsOn works, however I've noticed during Key news hours their services gets swamped and is slow to respond.
Here are News broadcasts I get. I pulled these from addons and put then in a news folder.
LIVE 24

BBC News 24-TV Catsup
Sky News-Pluto
Euronews-Youtube
ABC News 24-AU Freeview
CGTN-TV Catsup
Al Jazeera-NZ Freeview
RT America-Pluto
CBSN-Pluto

Recorded
NBC Nightly News-WNBC
The National-CBC News addon

VPN required on the following
1 News Midday-TVNZ
1 News at 6-TVNZ
1 News Tonight TVNZ
Seven News Sydney-7 plus
@rocko I removed the sources you list that are from banned repos
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I don't knowingly use banned addons.
I should have clarified TV Catsup was not the one on TV Addons but TV Catsup(blxd edition) which has been mentioned before on this site. Got it from github.
Nine Now is not listed as a banned addon and did not come from TV Addons  but from aussie addon repository which as far as I can see is not connected to TV Addons. I got it from github.

While these addons are listed in the video section of TV Addons so are legitimate addons from Kodi. I can find no connection between the authors of these addons and TV Addons.

If you still feel I am wrong I will remove these addons from my system.
The blxd add-on is TVCatchup, not TVCatsup. This may be where the confusion is coming from?

There is a working and legitimate version of it in the Bludhaven Grayson repo .
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sorry I wasn't thinking, I really do know how to spell.

I meant to say TV Catchup, however I am using TV Catchup(BLXD edition) updated about 4 months ago  which is not associated with TV Addons.

The addon you mentioned Bludhaven Grayson is on TV Addons, his addons have a  section and he posts on there. I don't understand how you determine what is banned.
Repos are banned if they contain banned addons. That one doesn't.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
News Addons0