[Solved] How to install 16.1 on Mint 18.2 (x64 Cinnamon)
I recently had to do a fresh OS install. I went from Mint 18 to Mint 18.2. I had Kodi 17.1 installed on Mint 18 and it worked fine. Now, Kodi 17.3 crashes all the time on Mint 18.2. I would like to install Kodi 17.1 or 16.1 as both ran stable on it. The latest version in the software center is 15.2....for the life of me I can't figure out why. 15.2 ran stable on Mint 17.3 for me and I would certainly use it.....if I hadn't gotten so darn used to Kodi's non-linear stretch for 4:3 content. Does anyone know of a way to install older versions? The only thing I have found is to download the tarballs and compile them manually. Every time I've attempted (3 times thus far) I keep getting errors.
Any ideas?
Build Jarvis branch from source.
I would remove kodi completely, remove the ppas you have installed manually and then add the kodi-old ppa:

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...u/kodi-old

After that one is added:

Code:
sudo apt-get update

then check which Kodi version is the install-candidate with:

Code:
apt-cache policy kodi

make sure kodi 16.1 is mentioned and on the top of that list. If there´s anything higher mentioned than 16.x you didn´t removed the stable ppa or the version which is provided by the mint repos is higher. So you need to figure out how to install a specific version.

Generally I wouldn´t recommend all that. I would check why Kodi is crashing and try to fix that. You could also try to get a crashlog and provide that via pastebin.com

That would help more than using an outdated and not supported Kodi version.
(2017-08-13, 15:37)DaVu Wrote: I would remove kodi completely, remove the ppas you have installed manually and then add the kodi-old ppa:

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...u/kodi-old

After that one is added:

Code:
sudo apt-get update

then check which Kodi version is the install-candidate with:

Code:
apt-cache policy kodi

make sure kodi 16.1 is mentioned and on the top of that list. If there´s anything higher mentioned than 16.x you didn´t removed the stable ppa or the version which is provided by the mint repos is higher. So you need to figure out how to install a specific version.

Generally I wouldn´t recommend all that. I would check why Kodi is crashing and try to fix that. You could also try to get a crashlog and provide that via pastebin.com

That would help more than using an outdated and not supported Kodi version.

ROFL! I have been scouring the internet for about a week looking for a solution to this. I finally found one and was able to get it done. I wanted to come back here and mark my thread solved and here I find your post with the solution. lol

For anyone else looking for the command it's "sudo apt-get install kodi=2:16.1* kodi-bin=2:16.1*"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] How to install 16.1 on Mint 18.2 (x64 Cinnamon)0