Return to Information screen after movie is stopped?
Hi,

If a movie is launched from the info screen (where movie details and actors are shown), is there a way to return to this screen when a movie is stopped - instead of being put back into the 'list' view?

Thanks.
This is the default condition of Kodi in most views, it returns you to a view (although the view can be customized to the point which could offer all the same material you expect from the information page). Why not in settings>media>videos>default select action = show information screen, then play from that point. For customization's, please refer to the various skin forums for information and use posts to ask intelligent questions.

As a sidebar: you can use the backspace, tab key and 'I' to bring up information page while the video is playing.
(2017-08-10, 03:41)PatK Wrote: This is the default condition of Kodi in most views, it returns you to a view (although the view can be customized to the point which could offer all the same material you expect from the information page). Why not in settings>media>videos>default select action = show information screen, then play from that point. For customization's, please refer to the various skin forums for information and use posts to ask intelligent questions.

As a sidebar: you can use the backspace, tab key and 'I' to bring up information page while the video is playing.

I do have 'show information' set as the default. After watching a movie, I like to then scroll through the actors. Since I get put back into a view, I have to re-enter the info page to see the actors. Not a big deal, but would be nice if there was a way, after a movie has stopped, to go back to where ever you were when the movie started, which in my case would be the information screen. I guess I could pull up the info screen before stopping/exiting the movie as well.

As far as customizing the view - I have not seen any views in any skins that show the actors. Nor would I really expect a view to show actors. I have asked the author of the skin I use (Horizon) about if there was anything he could do about returning to info page after stopping movie. It is possible, (he has made it so you return to the information page after playing a trailer from the info page), but it is somewhat hacky and you lose all osd controls (not a big deal for trailers, but not acceptable for a movie).
I personally just stick around for the credits to roll on, then check actors in the production, but I do note your interest and as you've explored a few skins, you can see the direction and to get this functionality (which is possible) you would have to don your skinning hat and at that point we would welcome your contributions!

Thanks for your view point, it's noted.

Here's a thread which may contain a few hints. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=319555
Thanks for noting. Smile

I can't see skinning in my future, but I guess one never knows.

Thanks for the link. I may look more closely at aeon mq. Can't really see giving up on Horizon though, it's a beaut.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Return to Information screen after movie is stopped?0