Kodi Add-On repository automatically disabled
(2017-08-19, 13:41)bilgepump Wrote: IF you overwrote any of the files in the Program Files location, you might have more issues coming to light.
Absolutely.
(2017-08-19, 14:06)cgroth Wrote: Doesn't the fact that there is a set of required files in the roaming folder suggest I did copy them there? Or would KODI itself place a set of files there? If not I must have done it, and I am 100 % certain I did'n't copy and paste into two different places at least! Smile
Kodi creates that roaming folder - and the structure inside it - on first run (if it's not already there). It's where all updates are installed, all configurations are written, all data is stored.
(2017-08-19, 14:13)cgroth Wrote:
(2017-08-19, 13:54)trogggy Wrote:
Quote:ADDON: repository.xbmc.org version 2.1.34 is incompatible
You're running 17.3, so you should have repo version 2.5.10 (or thereabouts).

Can you look for a folder called 'repository.xbmc.org' in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons
Open that folder
Open the file called 'addon.xml' and read the version (probably the 4th line down).
What does it say?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="repository.xbmc.org"
name="Kodi Add-on repository"
version="2.1.34"
provider-name="XBMC Foundation">
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.addon" version="12.0.0"/>
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.3.0"/>
</requires>
<extension point="xbmc.addon.repository"
name="Official XBMC.org Add-on Repository">
<dir minversion="13.9.0">

This is the beginning of the file. So I guess version 2.1.34 is the culprit? How/where do I get a newer version when for some reason neither auto- nor manual update works? Huh

I would:
1. Delete everything in programfiles(x86)\Kodi.
2. Cross your fingers.
3. Re-install Kodi 17.3

There's no way that should be in your programfiles folder - and tbh you shouldn't normally be touching anything in programfiles\kodi - there's usually no need.
In this sort of situation you should firstly run Kodi to create the roaming folder, then paste your backup in there but choose NO to overwrite files/folders. That's what I've always done & never had a problem. I'd suggest you start completely from scratch and adopt this approach.

As trogggy says above you don't need to go near the program files folder, just the roaming folder.
OK, as long as I make a copy of my userdata subfolder (which contains my advancedsettings, playercorefactory) etc, then I am safe to delete the Kodi folder and reinstall? Then I run KODI, so a new roaming folder will be created, then I copy, paste and overwrite just the userdata subfolder in the new roaming data folder?

Will this mess with all the work I have done on artwork, renaming foreign TV Shows etc, or is that also contained in my userdata subfolder?

Always a bit scary to delete things.... Tongue
(2017-08-19, 14:29)cgroth Wrote: OK, as long as I make a copy of my userdata subfolder (which contains my advancedsettings, playercorefactory) etc, then I am safe to delete the Kodi folder and reinstall? Then I run KODI, so a new roaming folder will be created, then I copy, paste and overwrite just the userdata subfolder in the new roaming data folder?

Will this mess with all the work I have done on artwork, renaming foreign TV Shows etc, or is that also contained in my userdata subfolder?

Always a bit scary to delete things.... Tongue
Before you go any further...
Are you saying your userdata folder - where you've stuck your advancedsettings.xml etc - is in programfiles?
(2017-08-19, 14:29)cgroth Wrote: Then I run KODI, so a new roaming folder will be created, then I copy, paste and overwrite just the userdata subfolder in the new roaming data folder?
Don't overwrite anything that's already been created by Kodi, that's where your problems started. And it's not the userdata element, you want all folders from your backup (addons, userdata etc), just don't overwrite anything Kodi has created on first run.
There is a subfolder called userdata in programfiles\kodi, and that one does have an advancedsettings file in it, but not my playercorefactory (which I rely on, and which works), so I am guessing that KODI uses the userdata subfolder in the roaming folder?
Leave program files alone & just paste your backup into the roaming folder, choosing to not overwrite anything that's already there. It's as simple as that really Smile
Too many cooks. I'll leave this to FXB78.
EDIT: missed other posts while i was typing

(2017-08-19, 14:06)cgroth Wrote: Doesn't the fact that there is a set of required files in the roaming folder suggest I did copy them there? Or would KODI itself place a set of files there?
Kodi creates all of those folders. what is IN the folders will change if/when you change settings. copying over the top brings settings in to a new installation but it doesn't create those folders.

if you are also lacking a dependency, i'd try reinstalling Kodi. your installation definitely isn't right. if you try to manually install that missing dependency, it's just as likely to tell you it's missing another, and another and another.....

start again.

(and start taking notes, it really does help, especially in six months if you want to do something again, it'll all be there and you can just follow your notes)
(2017-08-19, 14:47)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-08-19, 14:29)cgroth Wrote: Then I run KODI, so a new roaming folder will be created, then I copy, paste and overwrite just the userdata subfolder in the new roaming data folder?
Don't overwrite anything that's already been created by Kodi, that's where your problems started. And it's not the userdata element, you want all folders from your backup (addons, userdata etc), just don't overwrite anything Kodi has created on first run.

1. So I am to make a copy of my entire roaming kodi folder?
2. When I then paste this into a new roaming folder, but chose not to overwrite, how will I then be able to keep my tweaks and so on?

Huh
1. Yes
2. Your tweaks will be pasted in there, as they aren't created on first run.

EDIT - Actually, you would only need to not overwrite your addons folder, for the userdata folder you can safely delete the original folder and paste in your backup (to ensure you keep any tweaks you made to the skin etc).

So to summarise, run Kodi, delete the created userdata folder, paste your backup in ensuring to not overwrite any files.

That should just about do it.
Thanks, that makes sense, sorry for being so paranoid Cool
Seemed to work! :-) Thanks for all the help you guys!
(2017-08-19, 14:48)cgroth Wrote: There is a subfolder called userdata in programfiles\kodi, and that one does have an advancedsettings file in it, but not my playercorefactory (which I rely on, and which works), so I am guessing that KODI uses the userdata subfolder in the roaming folder?

BTW, according to your log, you have a typo in your playercorefactory.xml

Code:
ERROR: Error loading special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml, Line 32 (Error reading end tag.)

You should never do anything in the main kodi folder, unless you are running portable mode. Ignore the "userdata" folder in there. I don't know what you did to get an "advancedsettings" file in there, but it looks like a botched install to me.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Add-On repository automatically disabled0