Kodi 17 stuttering
Hi, hope someone can help me. I have kodi 17 installed on sony bravia tv. When i play movies through kodi 17, i see jerky/stuttering playback. All settings are set to default. I done freash instal too but stil the same.

I have instead installed kodi 16 jarvis. Guess what - no stuttering. I also installed kodi liea nightly build - no stuttering. I then installed kodi 17.3 back again. I start seeing jerky playback.

I have no idea what is cauing this? Both jarvis and liea nightly are fine but krypton is messing up. Any help?
Start with providing a debug log, please.
(2017-08-19, 17:46)Klojum Wrote: Start with providing a debug log, please.

Here are the logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6f3p3unqf41c0h/kodi.log?dl=0
Please post a log without scraper running - that makes it really unreadable. From what I see the debug was enabled after Jurassic Park or something was played. Enable it prior to playing exactly one of such problamtic files, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi, I have uploaded the updated log - hope thins is fine:

https://pastebin.com/dtN0VWDp

thanks
Won't be fixed for v17 (as 17.4 was just released without doing something on that) - please try v18 nightlies. If problem persists, go to trac.kodi.tv and file a bugreport there. Thx very much.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks - but what seems to be the problem?

I am continuing to use v18 but the only let down is that v18 doesnt have Amber Skin, which is I am currently using.
Mediaplayercodec was properly rewritten in fixed in v18 - works much better now, but is still in development.
Thanks - I have reverted back to 16.1 until a stable release comes out
Yeah - I like those that suddenly jump on the "stable" v18 and after that start to complain that it does not work on their specific hardware no one has tested before ... if you want to solve that help testing.
Can we expect 17.5 before 18 comes out? if yes, then can I expect mediacodec to be fixed in that release or will we have to wait for v18? I am already seeing v17 nightly builds on the site.
There's nothing to expect and certainly don't count on it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 stuttering0