Req REQUEST - Double Feature Management w Interlude
REQUEST - Double Feature Management w Interlude

I've spent quite a while digging through the forum trying to find a mod, app or instructions on how to do what I'm about describe with no luck. If anyone knows how to accomplish this with anything currently available for Kodi, can you point me in the right direction?

btw- I am aware of Cinema Experience, and that's probably outdated and overkill for this.

What I'd like to have is the ability to create lists of Double Feature (and possibly triple+) movies and have the ability to set an interlude between the movies. The interlude would be optional, I just think it could be a cool feature to have for hands off movie parties.

I like to create pairings of movies and have Double Feature movie parties with family or friends and it would be great to be able to create lists/sets and keep track of them in Kodi. Right now it's old pen and paper. lol

Really simply features such as:

- Create/Edit Double Features
- Set a time before the next movie starts
- Interlude screen image or the ability to play trailers or some other local videos with a timer watermark showing when the next film will begin. Basically an intermission for people to use the bathroom, get a snack etc. without having to fuss with kodi or set up another movie.

Cinema experience had an intermission feature similar to that.

Any ideas on how to currently accomplish this?
If not, is there anyone else interested in seeing this kind of feature? I'd be willing to help fund a mod/add-on for this if some other people are as well.
Thread moved to add-on requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Just to be clear, when I say manage double features, I simply mean the ability to manage lists of "any" 2 or more movies. Just so you didn't think I meant double feature collections like Planet Terror etc.

This feature would simply let you create your own lists of custom paired movies with an intermission between them.
Seems like much of this could be accomplished via a playlist. The timer watermark you mentioned might be possible with a custom window added to the skin, though I'm not sure how you'd call this from a playlist. Or... could a service add-on similar to the next-up notification work?

I doubt I could do this, but it's an interesting idea though.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-08-23, 09:51)mrunconventional Wrote: REQUEST - Double Feature Management w Interlude

I've spent quite a while digging through the forum trying to find a mod, app or instructions on how to do what I'm about describe with no luck. If anyone knows how to accomplish this with anything currently available for Kodi, can you point me in the right direction?

btw- I am aware of Cinema Experience, and that's probably outdated and overkill for this.

What I'd like to have is the ability to create lists of Double Feature (and possibly triple+) movies and have the ability to set an interlude between the movies. The interlude would be optional, I just think it could be a cool feature to have for hands off movie parties.

I like to create pairings of movies and have Double Feature movie parties with family or friends and it would be great to be able to create lists/sets and keep track of them in Kodi. Right now it's old pen and paper. lol

Really simply features such as:

- Create/Edit Double Features
- Set a time before the next movie starts
- Interlude screen image or the ability to play trailers or some other local videos with a timer watermark showing when the next film will begin. Basically an intermission for people to use the bathroom, get a snack etc. without having to fuss with kodi or set up another movie.

Cinema experience had an intermission feature similar to that.

Any ideas on how to currently accomplish this?
If not, is there anyone else interested in seeing this kind of feature? I'd be willing to help fund a mod/add-on for this if some other people are as well.

Pssst... over here!

CinemaVision will let you create double features, and a full Sequence as well. We're currently working on the CinemaVision Service Add-on which will let you start movies on a timer and other neat stuff. Check it out!
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
REQUEST - Double Feature Management w Interlude1